The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I want pictures! I'm not there to enjoy it in person, so I want to enjoy it remotely.
To be honest, it was more exciting when it was actually snowing yesterday, even though it wasn't sticking. It was like a blizzard, then blue sky for a bit, then loads of snow again!

Hm, can I justify a dinner break when I've only been working for half an hour? I have tidied up though, which took a while!
Dinner comes at dinner time, regardless of work done. It is an immovable object.
Reply 1643
I've only been away from Cambridge for a couple of days but it feels like forever, I feel totally out of the loop, and I have soooo much work I need to do.

That said, sitting around watching South Park is pretty cool and whenever I'm bored I cat start molesting the cat, she's going to be so sick of me before I leave tomorrow.

I'm back in Cambridge Monday night so I'll probably need regular lunches, coffees, and dinners to keep me sane through the rest of my thesis-writing Easter 'vacation' so I'll be harassing you guys to entertain me soon.
Reply 1644
hahaha I love the picture where my wine bottle is dwarfing everyone behind it.
puppy

That said, sitting around watching South Park is pretty cool and whenever I'm bored I cat start molesting the cat, she's going to be so sick of me before I leave tomorrow.

are you watching the new season 12 eps? They're so good.

"Are you sure?" "Oh Stan, I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positve."

Britney: "Bl bllblbl bl"

Though I was thinking back to some of my fave old episodes today and as a result have been walking around the house singing "Heeeere he is, the biggest douche in the univeeeeeerse." This was after actually watching John Edwards: the crossing on Living and thinking my god he is a gigantic douche isn't he?

If this makes no sense to you because you haven't seen those eps yet I apologise.
Reply 1646
coldfish
I want pictures! I'm not there to enjoy it in person, so I want to enjoy it remotely.

Spoiler

:biggrin:
Reply 1647
Athena
I'm not sure I said, but thank you to everyone for looking after me in Cambridge, and especially to Craggy for organising dinner, showing me round Peterhouse, and informing the of the wonders of Fitzbillies rum truffles :love: I took a box of chelsea buns and rum truffles home to my parents, and they were extremely popular (enough that my mum might forgive me if I detect...).

And on the subject of Will's truffles: they are orgasmic. As are most chocolate goods associated with Will.

You're welcome :smile: Look forward to your next visit :biggrin:
Reply 1648
gooseymcgoose
are you watching the new season 12 eps? They're so good.

"Are you sure?" "Oh Stan, I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positve."

Britney: "Bl bllblbl bl"

Though I was thinking back to some of my fave old episodes today and as a result have been walking around the house singing "Heeeere he is, the biggest douche in the univeeeeeerse." This was after actually watching John Edwards: the crossing on Living and thinking my god he is a gigantic douche isn't he?

If this makes no sense to you because you haven't seen those eps yet I apologise.

I've seen the HIV one but not the Britney one because I'm home and back on dial up (which makes me want to smash my head in with a rock), but I'll watch it tomorrow night when I get back to Cambridge.
Reply 1649
They're both pretty **** to be honest. SP seems to be losing its quality in this series. The Britney one is just a one-horse-joke beaten to death over and over and over.
aw I disagree!

the HIV one was a bit aimless, but that was more than made up for with the simply brilliant one liner I quoted above, along with a few others (sometimes when life is at its darkest, laughing is the only way you can be HIV positive, but if you're gonna be so HIV negative about everything...)

the britney one was perhaps a tad aimless too, but to be honest for 20 minutes, watching britney with a jaw for a head singing was enough for me.

and they're really exceeding themselves in ability to shock me, and I think of myself as pretty unshockable. I mean come on, the opening joke in 12x01 is 'i'm afraid we've accidentally infected you with HIV.'
also, south park has always been about one very good joke repeated for 20 mins. Biggest douche in the universe is absolute classic, and other than some the Rob Schneider stuff, all the jokes are invariably 'John Edwards is a douche'
Reply 1652
Meh, I was just hoping for a little more.

In other news, from Henley, lightweight women won for Cambridge, woo!, but the rest lost (Womens 1st, Mens Lightweights, Womens 2nd, Mens LW 2nd etc).
Reply 1653
CamRob
They're both pretty **** to be honest. SP seems to be losing its quality in this series. The Britney one is just a one-horse-joke beaten to death over and over and over.

Season 11 is hard to follow, some of that was genius. SP still cracks me up though, even the bad episodes.
CamRob
Meh, I was just hoping for a little more.

In other news, from Henley, lightweight women won for Cambridge, woo!, but the rest lost (Womens 1st, Mens Lightweights, Womens 2nd, Mens LW 2nd etc).

Oops.
Yay for Lightweight women!
Reply 1655
It has taken me a whole 24 hours to write 500 more words. Why why why do I have to spend hours on end watching trashy TV shows on the internet??

*sigh* no wonder all my supervisors hate me.
Reply 1656
Does writing up an elaborate revision plan count as enough revision for my first official day of revision? :redface: :redface:
Reply 1657
naelse
It has taken me a whole 24 hours to write 500 more words. Why why why do I have to spend hours on end watching trashy TV shows on the internet??

*sigh* no wonder all my supervisors hate me.

I'm worse, I spent about 3 hours today playing a stupid game called "Cake mania", making cakes in all kinds of pretty colours. I also, er, ended up paying for more minutes on said game. :ninja: :s-smilie: :rolleyes:
Oh, absolutely.
And tomorrow you can colour it in.
Reply 1659
coldfish
Oh, absolutely.
And tomorrow you can colour it in.

:biggrin:

I swear the reason I have so much trouble with revision is that I just don't know what to DO. There comes an extent to lecture notes, books, essays and topics that when exceeded (as it has) I just give up and do nothing in despair. I mean, I can't possibly sort all this out? If I try read an article now it'll be too specific but at the same time there's so many topics I have to "revise" (haha) which I know nothing about.

So why not, er, just, not..do... any-

Oh god, this CAN'T continue to be my mentality. ARGH.

I just HATE the idea of pointless revision/pain, and I keep convincing myself that the stuff I study won't come up. It just never does.

I need a personal Rushda-tailored revision guru who gives me a set of 10 sheets it's prepared for the day which it thinks I need to study.

Latest

Trending

Trending