The Student Room Group

History or Geography GCSE options??

I know gcse have changed since I have do them ( I am in year 13 now so I did them about two ish years ago) I did both and enjoyed most of both but in my experience history was a lot about world wars which I did not enjoy . Out of the two I definitely enjoyed goegraphy more as it had more diversity in topics. As I said it has changed since I did it so it could be completely different now.

In terms of career I am not sure if it overly matters I also did drama at gsce but I am not a hundred percent sure as I have not gone on to do anything with it. I also don’t Think one is more appealing to job employers but I am not sure.

I would say maybe look at the specs and see which you find more interesting and pick that one

History or Geography GCSE options??

I know gcse have changed since I have do them ( I am in year 13 now so I did them about two ish years ago) I did both and enjoyed most of both but in my experience history was a lot about world wars which I did not enjoy . Out of the two I definitely enjoyed goegraphy more as it had more diversity in topics. As I said it has changed since I did it so it could be completely different now.

In terms of career I am not sure if it overly matters I also did drama at gsce but I am not a hundred percent sure as I have not gone on to do anything with it. I also don’t Think one is more appealing to job employers but I am not sure.

I would say maybe look at the specs and see which you find more interesting and pick that one
I did both and preferred history because you got to have opinions and it was interesting (Hitler/ American culture/ cold war / women &ww1) and were all modern. geog was fine just a bit boring at times. I'd say history is harder because you have to learn a lot & write an argument & write a lot whereas geog is just remembering facts
Reply 2
Neither would put you at an advantage or disadvantage in pursuing your chosen career.

Quick Reply

Latest