The Student Room Group

Science 6 markers

Any idea on the science 6 markers in 2 weeks time? What's your gut feeling on the topic they could be about?
Practicals or they give you information about phytomining, Statins etc... and you have to evaluate the positives and negativies
Original post by purple.blue27
Any idea on the science 6 markers in 2 weeks time? What's your gut feeling on the topic they could be about?

I have a feeling it will be something like structure of a leaf for paper 1 or maybe the carbon cycle for paper 2, it won't be anything that's come up in the spec papers put it that what
Practicals are most likely

you can do these in bullet points as long as you communicate the points clearly as well
Original post by RebeccaMason124
I have a feeling it will be something like structure of a leaf for paper 1 or maybe the carbon cycle for paper 2, it won't be anything that's come up in the spec papers put it that what

If thats what it will be, I will be so happy.

In the past two years they asked about loudspeakers and how they work. I think they might ask about like dynamos, alternators or microphones this year. But I felt I should ask other people for their opinion
Section out the question and bullet point, make extra points incase one or two of your points aren't on the mark scheme :smile:
For Biology Paper 1, revise the photosynthesis practical.
It's the only required practical that didn't come up on either specimen paper.
I also feel like microscopes will come up.
Original post by purple.blue27

You will always be given a question that gives you a table of evidence and you have to compare and analyse the contents of said table.

For these questions you don't have to know anything, just be able to compare the results.

My only advice for these questions is not to panic when the information you see is about something you've never been taught... that's the point.

Additionally, these 'leveled' questions can also appear as four markers too. You'll know which questions are which as it will tell you at the front of the paper. Look for the 3-5 question numbers that are in a list. Those numbers tell which questions they are. You may wish to consider writing a brief plan for those questions, just to organise your thoughts.

Good Luck!
Original post by DyingGCSEStudent
Section out the question and bullet point, make extra points incase one or two of your points aren't on the mark scheme :smile:

Just be careful not to make your bullet points brief. You may lose marks for not explaining your points clearly which would drop your response into a lower leveled band.

Also, examiners can take off one mark for bullet-pointed responses as your written communication isn't as good compared to writing in full sentences.

Don't take this as me saying that you should never bullet point, if you struggle to write in full sentences or only have a few disorganised ideas then by all means bullet point. Just don't do this if you can avoid it; examiners are really harsh sometimes. :smile:
Original post by JoeyTanaka
Just be careful not to make your bullet points brief. You may lose marks for not explaining your points clearly which would drop your response into a lower leveled band.

Also, examiners can take off one mark for bullet-pointed responses as your written communication isn't as good compared to writing in full sentences.

Don't take this as me saying that you should never bullet point, if you struggle to write in full sentences or only have a few disorganised ideas then by all means bullet point. Just don't do this if you can avoid it; examiners are really harsh sometimes. :smile:

My teacher's a marker for edexcel, he says that bullet points and tables work because it makes it easy for the examiner to pick out points that are worth marks. But in your opinion should I still write paragraphs?

Quick Reply

Latest