The Student Room Group

Revision for GCSES

My GCSES are starting in 12 days and I still feel like I havent revised enough. Ive tried to do around 2-3 hours per day, but only recently stopped getting homework which would sometimes take me over an hour. I feel like ive wasted time and ive completely forgotten everything. Please someone help!!
hi,
first, identify the topics you are really unclear on and make flash cards or ask a teacher for help.
then look over the main points (summarised) of every topic. e.g. maths - rules and laws you need to know, science - theorys and experiments, etc.
for languages, make sure you know verb conjugations and sentence structures as these will help you in all areas of the exam. be revising vocab everywhere you go all day long!

these few weeks of exams you will need to dedicate a lot more than 2-3 hrs a day. I would say at least 4-5 hrs a day with 5 minute breaks every 1/2 hr.
also, know your strengths and weaknesses, once you are confident on one topic, move on!

good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by tats bentata
hi,
first, identify the topics you are really unclear on and make flash cards or ask a teacher for help.
then look over the main points (summarised) of every topic. e.g. maths - rules and laws you need to know, science - theorys and experiments, etc.
for languages, make sure you know verb conjugations and sentence structures as these will help you in all areas of the exam. be revising vocab everywhere you go all day long!

these few weeks of exams you will need to dedicate a lot more than 2-3 hrs a day. I would say at least 4-5 hrs a day with 5 minute breaks every 1/2 hr.
also, know your strengths and weaknesses, once you are confident on one topic, move on!

good luck!

Thank you! The problem is at our school my science teachers are so bad the whole of our class is practically failing. We have an extra lessons dedicated for revision so i dont usually get home till around 4:30 so find it difficult to find time for revision as i usually go to bed around 9pm to get a goods night sleep. Any tips??
Original post by CemXx732
Thank you! The problem is at our school my science teachers are so bad the whole of our class is practically failing. We have an extra lessons dedicated for revision so i dont usually get home till around 4:30 so find it difficult to find time for revision as i usually go to bed around 9pm to get a goods night sleep. Any tips??

have you tried mygcsescience for science trilogy? his videos are so good they give you visual and auditory revision guide and if you take notes on them its even better! if you're doing new spec i think its about 30 pounds its a good investment!
Reply 4
Original post by tats bentata
have you tried mygcsescience for science trilogy? his videos are so good they give you visual and auditory revision guide and if you take notes on them its even better! if you're doing new spec i think its about 30 pounds its a good investment!

Okay thanks, wish me luck 🙏🏻
Primrose Kitten also has very good Science videos on youtube.
And you can practice questions using quizlet and Seneca Learning (both free)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending