Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a Christian, Ask me Questions on Christianity and I'll try to answer them... watch

ReputationRep:
    If I can't answer a question, I will get the information from a reliable source and feed back :-)

ReputationRep:
    if Jesus was the son of God why did God kill his own son??
    plus why would Jesus if he is God, be in human form?? why would god want to be on the same level as his people? it doesn't make sense to me as a Muslim as we are unable to see god or any of the prophets, you aren't even allowed to draw pictures of them (including Jesus btw)
    thanks Areena
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    What is your thoughts and views on euthanasia.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    do you believe jesus is the son of god? or is he god? and why does there have to be the trinity? surely god being the almighty is enough?

ReputationRep:
    what does the bible believe about dinosaurs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joleee)
    what does the bible believe about dinosaurs?
    The Bible can't believe anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    The Bible can't believe anything.
    okay how about when did god create dinosaurs?

ReputationRep:
    Last Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    What does Christianity tell you about same sex relationships?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Areena.A.W)
    plus why would Jesus if he is God, be in human form?? why would god want to be on the same level as his people? it doesn't make sense to me as a Muslim as we are unable to see god or any of the prophets, you aren't even allowed to draw pictures of them (including Jesus btw)
    thanks Areena
    xxx
    Depending on the sect of Christianity, when Christians refer to Jesus as the son of God, they mean Jesus is a part of God's essence, hence the Trinity. God did not 'kill' Jesus. Because God is omniscient and knew already that mankind would be sinful and disobedient, Jesus was sent to redeem man. This is why Jesus is often referred to as the 'lamb of God' because he was sacrificed to redeem man.

ReputationRep:
    Free will (Wesleyan, Arminian, Roman Catholic) or predestination (Calvinist, Presbyterian)?

ReputationRep:
    How can you justify so many error's in the bible and how do so many christian scholars acknowledge this but dont even care, doesn't it show how corrupted Christianity has become and so doesn't it challenge your belief in a religion with so many obvious flaws???

ReputationRep:
    thanks Areena
    xxx
    I didn't start the thread, but my understanding is:

The whole basis of Christianity is that God sent Jesus to die to pay the ultimate sacrifice, so that we can be forgiven for our sins because Jesus has already paid the price for our sins. This is what distinguishes Christianity from many other religions: it is not a work-based religion, and the only 'requirement' to reach Heaven is to believe and trust in God.

The importance of Jesus coming to the Earth in human form is that this provides a mediator between God and the people. As a god, God can seem difficult to approach: how can we ever do enough to please an all-good being? Jesus provides a middle ground between humans and God: he has experienced the very worst struggles of man (torture, humiliation, murder), and yet is also God. When we might fear God's judgement, we can look to Jesus to put our sins in context, bearing witness for us and, in doing so, bridging the gap between God and His creation.

ReputationRep:
    From the verse below who do you believe Jesus is referring to? I will input my understanding with quotes.

John 14:16:-Jesus Christ said "And I will pray the father, he shall send another comforter, that he may abide with you"In John 15, Jesus goes onto speak this person will testify for me.

John 16:12–14:-Again Jesus Christ said " I have many things to say unto you but you cannot bear them now. How be it, when he the spirit of truth is come, he will guide you unto all truth, he shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that he shall speak, he shall show you things to come. He shall glorify me."

From our understanding, the only religious person that came after Jesus who glorified Jesus as a person of religion is Muhammed PBUH. And Islam is the only religion that believes Jesus as a member of faith no other religion does.

This is further emphasised by quote:Again, Isaiah 29:12 :-" And the book is delivered to him who is not learned, saying read this, I pray thee, and he saith, I am not learned".

When angel Gabriel commanded Prophet Muhammad by saying 'Iqra' meaning 'read', Prophet Muhammad replied ' I am not learned'. These lines are the first verses of the Qur'an which were revealed upon Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

To further add to my point, Islam says the abrahamic religions including judaism and christianity all originated from the same God, Allah. So we know where the major religions have arised from. With quotes I've provided from the bible and Quran about Muhammed, do you believe there is a link between christianity and Islam, if so do you believe deep down somehow that link is Allah?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razakma15)
    How can you justify so many error's in the bible and how do so many christian scholars acknowledge this but dont even care, doesn't it show how corrupted Christianity has become and so doesn't it challenge your belief in a religion with so many obvious flaws???
    there are only errors in the modern day Bible versions as they will change a verse, add something in, take something away which is what then starts to cause so -called errors. one example is that if you read Revelations 14:1 in the KJV compared to NIV(newer) version, you'll see that the NIV added 'the son' in that verse. when modern day Bible versions corrupt God's word, it causes errors and Christians start believing wrong things because of slight changes in scripture. that's why I read the KJV which was translated in 1611 directly from the Textual Receptus which is was the original Language and text of the New Testament. whereas the new bible versions are translated from the KJV. if everyone (those who speak English) read Just the KJV there would be no 'errors' as the Bible has no errors as it is the word of God and God doesn't contradict himself.

what errors are you coming across by the way?😊 (this isn't my thread)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    thanks Areena
    xxx
    God wanted to show that He is a God that cares about His people, so Him becoming human brings His grace and forgiveness to our level. In many other religions, and many misconceptions about Christianity, people believe that you have to get yourself to a level suitable enough for God to accept you, however, in Christianity, what God is doing, is showing that He cares so much about us that He would sacrifice part of the Trinity for our sake. It was also to show that we, as humans can never get to a suitable level for God UNLESS we trust in Jesus' grace and believe that he has saved us. No good deed can ever do that, which is why He came to Earth as both fully Human and fully God to show that he is a caring God.

The Trinity is also quite tricky to grasp, since people can't really understand how it works, but simply put it's three different ways in which God presents Himself. God, the Father, Jesus, the Son, and The Holy Spirit. I will go into this in another post, because I will get some more info from other sources, just to help...

God sacrificed His Son as to show his all-powerful Love for us, and to show how He has conquered death for all those who trust in Jesus. Jesus suffered the same/ similar things that we suffer today, like hunger, fear, sadness, yet He was completely sinless. He is God in human form, showing how He wants to be close to everyone, and to show how He goes to every length for all of us, through even death.

I hope this answered your question. If you want more info just reply :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razakma15)
    Could you give me some examples of some errors please?

ReputationRep:
    On the same day he created the other animals. I will ask my Minister, I do have a DVD about it, but I need to find out some more info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mill Hill)
    Free will (Wesleyan, Arminian, Roman Catholic) or predestination (Calvinist, Presbyterian)?
    I will have to reply to this later, because I am going to sleep, but I will find some more info to give to you from my Minister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInVisibleGirl)
    I will have to reply to this later, because I am going to sleep, but I will find some more info to give to you from my Minister.
    Lol really? Great, looking forward to it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.