The Student Room Group

UCL or birmingham (uncon)? ASAP

Hi. I do IB. I have to decide between firming UCL who have given me an offer of 38 points with 18 in higher level and insuring Univeristy of birmingham (32, 665 in HL) or firming university of birmingham who have given me an unconditional offer only if i firm them. The course i applied for is biochemistry. I prefer the course at UoB, but that's about it. I would prefer living in London and going to UCL as i would be closer to my friends and because i like the uni UCL, but i just dont like the course as much. Also, one of my higher levels is physics and i am struggling to get 5 in it, so i am scared i will miss both offers if i firm ucl and be put into clearing. What do you think i should do?
Original post by irieleata
Hi. I do IB. I have to decide between firming UCL who have given me an offer of 38 points with 18 in higher level and insuring Univeristy of birmingham (32, 665 in HL) or firming university of birmingham who have given me an unconditional offer only if i firm them. The course i applied for is biochemistry. I prefer the course at UoB, but that's about it. I would prefer living in London and going to UCL as i would be closer to my friends and because i like the uni UCL, but i just dont like the course as much. Also, one of my higher levels is physics and i am struggling to get 5 in it, so i am scared i will miss both offers if i firm ucl and be put into clearing. What do you think i should do?

Go with the more interesting course. Brum is not far from London and your friends may not be around for life. Your degree will.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending