wheresmunchkin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
ive been constantly getting 4s in english lit and i havent really revised for it throughout the year, i have my science, english, maths exams left to do since ive done all the others earlier so i have alot more time i guess, and my literature exam is in 3 weeks, have no notes, no idea at all how to revise, so please can someone tell me what would really help me get from a 4 to a 6/7 and how should i be revising literature
sxrxh125
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
by analysing zoom analysis on the quotes you have and having bare reader response
wheresmunchkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by sxrxh125)
by analysing zoom analysis on the quotes you have and having bare reader response
but do i make mindmaps on characters and themes and the plots? and then zoom in on specific quotes?
Shanbts
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you mind me asking if you know what Sources you are studying for in English Lit. For example I had to study Romeo and Juliet, An Inspector Calls, Never let me go and To kill a mockingbird. What books/novels are you doing? You have stated that you haven't been revising for it so far this year, have you revised for any of your past English Lit exams at all? Revising is a must, even if you hate it. First of all could you see if you can contact someone whether it be another student or a teacher and ask them about notes because notes are really important when revising. Dont try to just remember everything word to word, It is practically impossible and will not help at all. You could also look up some past English Lit papers, I did this and found them really helpful because you can get an idea of what might be in the tests, you can also look for there past mark schemes too, to help give you a guide on what they expect in your written exams. If you could get back to me with more information I can see if I could give you more advice.
sxrxh125
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yh for example if the quote was like a phrase zoom in on one word a noun or verb and say why thats a good choice of language and what it makes the reader or audience feel and how does it effect them
wheresmunchkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by iishannonx33)
Do you mind me asking if you know what Sources you are studying for in English Lit. For example I had to study Romeo and Juliet, An Inspector Calls, Never let me go and To kill a mockingbird. What books/novels are you doing? You have stated that you haven't been revising for it so far this year, have you revised for any of your past English Lit exams at all? Revising is a must, even if you hate it. First of all could you see if you can contact someone whether it be another student or a teacher and ask them about notes because notes are really important when revising. Dont try to just remember everything word to word, It is practically impossible and will not help at all. You could also look up some past English Lit papers, I did this and found them really helpful because you can get an idea of what might be in the tests, you can also look for there past mark schemes too, to help give you a guide on what they expect in your written exams. If you could get back to me with more information I can see if I could give you more advice.
i do romeo and juliet, jekyll and hyde, an inspector calls and love and relationships, i havent really got any notes, but ive been reading the play and watching videos, and our teacher goes through them so i guess thats what got me a 4
Shanbts
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wheresmunchkin)
i do romeo and juliet, jekyll and hyde, an inspector calls and love and relationships, i havent really got any notes, but ive been reading the play and watching videos, and our teacher goes through them so i guess thats what got me a 4
Okay well I can try and help you out with Romeo and Juliet and and Inspector calls since I studied them too, however I am totally helpless for the other two, sorry.

First of all it's a good start that you have atleast watched the videos. Some people find it easier to concentrate and are able to remember more when they've watched videos, however please make sure you are reading the sources too as reading the actual context is more important than watching the videos (Sometimes the context from the videos arent present in the novels) Another thing is to make sure when you are actually doing your exam, is to read the questions and the information given to you carefully, do not rush.
Some more advice I can give you is when you read Romeo and Juliet or An Inspector calls, If you find a sentence or quote you dont understand, write it down on a separate piece of paper and search it up online. If you are able to find an answer or are able to understand it after searching it up, write the answer next to it and highlight it. I did this and im so happy I did as the sentence I didnt understand was in the information and question I was asked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.88%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.44%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (120)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.75%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.44%

Watched Threads