The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Timetable Mathematics Statistics Year 1

Hello, does anyone have a day- to- day timetable for Mathematics with
Statistics at the University of Southampton. (previous years)
I'm applying to study there for 18/19 academic year. I will travel from
Bournemouth and need to calculate the costs. One day less at the
university will make about 500£ difference by train a year. Thinking about Portsmouth as well.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by legendoftortor
Hi!

I'm currently a first year on this course - obviously timetables vary from year to year, but this is what my timetable looked like for semester 1 and semester 2. Some important things to remember:

-MATH1046 is a workshop - you are not required to attend, but I would highly encourage you to if you need help with any coursework or exam revision.

-Your choice of "optional" modules will influence your timetable (I chose two modules outside of maths - one each semester - so your timetable will likely look a bit different depending on what you choose!)

-There are some sessions that are only scheduled for certain weeks; as an example, in semester 2, I had a 9-10 AM computer lab for one of my modules, but it was only in weeks 31 and 32.

-All timeslots are scheduled for an hour, but most sessions let out after 45 minutes - this is to allow you enough time to get to your next timetabled session. So, for example, that computer lab I mentioned earlier would run from 9:00-9:45 AM.

If I can be of any more help, just let me know :smile:

Thanks, That`s very helpful.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quick Reply