The Student Room Group

Darwin strikes again

"A biohacker who became infamous after apparently injecting himself with an untested herpes drug in front of an audience has been found dead.

Aaron Traywick's body had been discovered in a spa room in Washington DC on Sunday, local police said.

Vice News reported that Traywick had been using a flotation therapy tank.

The 28-year-old was chief executive of Ascendance Biomedical. He had skirted the law by self-medicating as well as encouraging others to do likewise."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43973588
(edited 5 years ago)
Yep. This is why the instruction booklet for my newly ordered printer came with a health warning for people not to close the printer body with their hand still inside.

Now some people will probably want to pass even more laws or publish guidelines that are somehow supposed to stop idiots from being: idiots, whilst the rest of society has to bare the burden of putting up with evermore paperwork as a result. Any product you want to sell now needs fk knows how many damn certificates before you can put it on the shelves, because if they don't have the certificates and some idiot falls off a fridge... because they thought standing on top of it to reach a higher shelf was a good idea.... they can sue the manufacturer for a stupid quantity of money.
Why do people do this kind of thing to themselves :hmmmm:

I wonder how many people throughout history have risked their lives doing something reckless but actually ended up discovering something :holmes:
Reply 3
Original post by Ninja Squirrel

I wonder how many people throughout history have risked their lives doing something reckless but actually ended up discovering something :holmes:

Test pilots do it all the time...

And Marie Curie's anemia was almost certainly caused by radiation poisoning. But she wasn't deliberately putting herself at risk.

And test pilots try to minimise their risk too.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
I'm rather curious what the autopsy results will be. If it's death by herpes though - oh sweet irony.
This man deserves the Darwin Awards!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ninja Squirrel

Go and search up Garry Hoy for his contribution to Physics.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending