The Student Room Group

History IGCSE

Did the exam this morning, for the questions I did question 5, 8 and 12. Question 5 was okay but the 4 marker was a bit strange, how do you say four things about ‘what were the plebiscites of the 1919-20 treaties?’? I just ended up saying about the Saar plebiscite, that plebiscites happened in countries previously occupied by Germany and also just a general definition. Not sure what I put for my 4th point.
Question 8 was pretty good, though the wording of the 10 marker was a little confusing; I wasn’t sure whether it was asking whether to compare working together with the UN to working alone and how successful each method was in terms of containment or whether it simply wanted a comparison of the successes of containment of each situation and then a conclusion. I ended up doing both instead🤷🏻*♂️ so should be alright. Question 12 was a really good question I found. What did you guys pick and how did you find it?
Hey, I was about to do the question with the plebiscite but the first question threw me of as you said, so I did the question about the Munich conference and stuff and question 8. At first I was confused with what exactly then wanted when it mentioned the UN and korea and everything, but i think i got it in the end. Also in the question with containment it was weird because Cuba wasn't even contained, so how come it asks which was more successful?

. The depth study for Germany was also really good, overall i think it was a nice exam!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by deemaalsabi
Hey, I was about to do the question with the plebiscite but the first question threw me of as you said, so I did the question about the Munich conference and stuff and question 8. At first I was confused with what exactly then wanted when it mentioned the UN and korea and everything, but i think i got it in the end. Also in the question with containment it was weird because Cuba wasn't even contained, so how come it asks which was more successful?

. The depth study for Germany was also really good, overall i think it was a nice exam!

Yeah that’s true, Cuba was communist before and after the naval blockade so no containment there. Should be fine though, I just said some stuff about it making Kennedy look good and communism look weak, therefore deterring other countries to falling to a weaker regime. Yeah I wasn’t too sure about the Munich conference so I didn’t go for that. Should be fairly normal grade boundaries, and I think I only lost marks on a couple of the four markers and maybe 1 mark off the 10 markers. The 6 markers were all great. Nice exam I agree.
I did 5, 6 and 11.

5a was so weird... and u r right about what u wrote down, I explained what a plebiscite was as the fourth mark but not sure if that's right. but I found the 10 markers really good. It's just the 4 markers and one 6 marker about why people still resented the treaties in the 1930s or something like that - that was 6b.

I'm so glad it's over though!

Good luck with paper 2 and any other exams :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by generallypuzzled
I did 5, 6 and 11.

5a was so weird... and u r right about what u wrote down, I explained what a plebiscite was as the fourth mark but not sure if that's right. but I found the 10 markers really good. It's just the 4 markers and one 6 marker about why people still resented the treaties in the 1930s or something like that - that was 6b.

I'm so glad it's over though!

Good luck with paper 2 and any other exams :smile:

Yeah sounds like you did well, good luck also!
Yea i know right. Cuba was always a communist but I wrote something along the line of how they had to remove weapons in Turkey and also the Bay of Pigs invasion i think. I also wrote how they didn't have to go to war due to the fact that US and Cuba sort things out or something but it was close to a nuclear war though. Normally, 10 makers is supposed to be 2 on one side and 1 on one side, so i think i did fine. What did you guys write for the quaratine in cuba question?

Original post by ben6666
Yeah that’s true, Cuba was communist before and after the naval blockade so no containment there. Should be fine though, I just said some stuff about it making Kennedy look good and communism look weak, therefore deterring other countries to falling to a weaker regime. Yeah I wasn’t too sure about the Munich conference so I didn’t go for that. Should be fairly normal grade boundaries, and I think I only lost marks on a couple of the four markers and maybe 1 mark off the 10 markers. The 6 markers were all great. Nice exam I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest