The Student Room Group

I want to go to uni but not sure if I will get in.

i want to go to uni but i dont think i have any qualifications/A levels at a high enough grade to get in, i have a one level 3 subject and a couple of level 2 subjects but apparently level 2's wouldnt count towards any UCAS points, im 20 now and cant afford to go back to college to study A levels so im stuck in a rut, all i know is i want to go to uni to study Photography & filmmaking but I honestly dont think i'd be able to get in. Does anybody have any suggestions? Please don't comment if youre going to criticize my choice of course to study.
Original post by Tomen23
i want to go to uni but i dont think i have any qualifications/A levels at a high enough grade to get in, i have a one level 3 subject and a couple of level 2 subjects but apparently level 2's wouldnt count towards any UCAS points, im 20 now and cant afford to go back to college to study A levels so im stuck in a rut, all i know is i want to go to uni to study Photography & filmmaking but I honestly dont think i'd be able to get in. Does anybody have any suggestions? Please don't comment if youre going to criticize my choice of course to study.

If you don't have the right qualifications unfortunately there isn't much else you can do apart from get them. What you are wanting to study is very experience based so maybe work for a bit and earn enough to go get the A levels you need?
Original post by Tomen23

Depending on how many UCAS points your level 3 qualification is worth you may get on to a course with a foundation year, such as this one at Cumbria: https://www.cumbria.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate/film-and-television-with-integrated-foundation-year/
Or this one at Sunderland:
https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/study/integrated-foundation-year/ug-integrated-film-media/

These are the top two google hits, I'm sure there are plenty more. Or you could look at an Access to HE course funded through an Advanced Learner Loan rather than A-levels. Or you could see if you could find an employer in the area willing to support you through a vocational qualification in your area of interest that carries UCAS points.
Or have a look at Ravensbourne who do an integrated Access to HE and degree programme (I knew there was one, but couldn't remember where).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending