The Student Room Group

Do girls still find "bad boys" attractive after

They reach their mid 20s?

I know girls like bad boys but don't they get over them after a certain age? aren't more sensible, career-oriented, caring men better in some sense?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I realised my title is confusing.

I meant, when girls reach a certain age, not when boys do. Don't mature, grown up girls want something else? or does the thrill still gets them going?
Depends how bad, we don't want to be visiting them in jail but also you can't be too nice. Somewhere in between would be ideal.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

I know girls like bad boys but don't they get over them after a certain age? aren't more sensible, career-oriented, caring men better in some sense?

I think most girls just want a sensible guy after uni, but still want personality

I meant, when girls reach a certain age, not when boys do. Don't mature, grown up girls want something else? or does the thrill still gets them going?

No. Good guys are what we like.
Depends on the person!
Reply 6
Original post by Badbishxo
Depends on the person!

Clearly. I am referring to those who prefer the bad boy type. Or used to prefer the bad boy type in HS.
Reply 7

IMHO, the vast majority are determined to 'get back at daddy', and so they will 'select' the most objectionable, unemployable, thuggish males they can find - even indulging in drug use and very 'loose' behaviour to achieve their revenge. I have seen this quite a few times, as i used to date a 'shrink' that had quite a few clients "acting out" in this way. I say, fine. You want to destroy your life... go right ahead.. I'll find something else to do... Cheers.
I totally agree all the fit girls back in secondary school hung with bad ass boys. I wonder same .. do they stick with them or actually go for better person who is financially and personality wise better
Reply 9
I would rather that girls talk about this than salty guys. Thanks.
I would rather that girls talk about this than salty guys. Thanks.

Haha mate you're the salty guy here not them.
Original post by DarthRoar
Haha mate you're the salty guy here not them.

I am but I am not answering the question which is aimed at girls - am I, Darth?
I'm not a girl but i would say probably not. Women get a huge slap in the face around 26-28 when they realize that they're not as attractive anymore and guys tend to go for the 22 year olds, so men are not around them 24/7 listening to their wishes. This makes them treat normal guys better and also they start to think about settling and having kids, so they don't look for adventure anymore, more like a stable, nice guy. You can't really trust these so-called "bad boys". The bad boys also won't go for the 26-28 year old girls, because the younger ones are much more attractive and easier to get, because they also only look for an adventure. This works both ways.

What if the person they got with in the late teens earlier 20s was the bad boy but is going good? And growing up. Is that different ?

And it all depends on what people like .. for example.. ik someone who was with a street man deals drugs stuff like that.. had a kid with him they broke up..in between the time of them breaking up she tried dating other people a army guy and couple goodie goodies never lasted.. guess who she went back to the bad boy.. who still runs the streets and sells drugs.. and they are both in the mid 20s.. point is it’s all depends on what people like and there type some people don’t grow out of that..
Original post by EmilyH1256
What if the person they got with in the late teens earlier 20s was the bad boy but is going good? And growing up. Is that different ?

And it all depends on what people like .. for example.. ik someone who was with a street man deals drugs stuff like that.. had a kid with him they broke up..in between the time of them breaking up she tried dating other people a army guy and couple goodie goodies never lasted.. guess who she went back to the bad boy.. who still runs the streets and sells drugs.. and they are both in the mid 20s.. point is it’s all depends on what people like and there type some people don’t grow out of that..

No, he's different now. I don't expect men to be the same throughout their lives. So no, that person is not that type anymore.
No, he's different now. I don't expect men to be the same throughout their lives. So no, that person is not that type anymore.

But some dont change .. as long as he’s grown up and realizes they can’t do somethings there whole life’s is all that matters ..
I’ve never been into ‘bad boys’. If a guy is rude to me, inconsiderate or irresponsible, it’s an instant turn off. I’m 20.
He doesn’t need to be a bad boy or the nicest guy in the planet: he just needs to have a nice personality and care about me 💛
Reply 18
Bad boys, getting wild in the streets, wild in the cityyyyy

You're generalising so much here. Not all girls like bad boys, and not all women like sensible men. It is entirely subjective and you cannot get a definitive answer.

Quick Reply

Latest