The Student Room Group

Physics AS Level OCR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -andromeda-
haha, the worst bit about summer exams for me is that my hayfever always calms down a couple days before to lull me into a false sense of security and then suddenly explodes in the exam! sneezes for days, it’s so distracting for everyone in the hall :s-smilie:

I can imagine. I don't know whether this is helpful but a spoonful of farm house honey helps hayfever ? :biggrin:
Original post by IGCSEKID2017
Haha true let's hope luck is on both of our sides! Good luck for tomorrow and let me know how it goes!

thank you, and you too!
I can imagine. I don't know whether this is helpful but a spoonful of farm house honey helps hayfever ? :biggrin:

thank you, and you too!

I thought I was the only one on TSR sitting this exam tomorrow :P

What are your predictions for tomorrow? And what areas are you best and worst at (just out of interest)? My weak area is definitely electricity, and wave displacement graphs/wave angle calculations. Any ideas what the practical questions will be?
Sitting Breadth exam tomorrow

Should be easy
Original post by RedGiant
I thought I was the only one on TSR sitting this exam tomorrow :P

What are your predictions for tomorrow? And what areas are you best and worst at (just out of interest)? My weak area is definitely electricity, and wave displacement graphs/wave angle calculations. Any ideas what the practical questions will be?

I'm sure that one practical will come up but i'm not sure which one!. Electricty is someting that i struggle with too. Hoping the multiple choice questions are nice! How do you think the paper will be like from last years?
Aright there buddy calm down

But it's breadth tho, depth is the proper deep one
Looking forward to what could come up, hoping moments doesn't get too deep, but my stronger areas are quantum/electricity/waves
Original post by thotproduct
But it's breadth tho, depth is the proper deep one

Yeah, so they say I guess. But yeah in honesty it should be easy :tongue:

I'm sure that one practical will come up but i'm not sure which one!. Electricty is someting that i struggle with too. Hoping the multiple choice questions are nice! How do you think the paper will be like from last years?

If I had to guess I'd say a stationary wave one, maybe a microwave PAG, might come up. But my guess is just as good as anyone's. Should hopefully be a fairly easy paper, although the spec is still too new to say really. You gonna put up an unofficial mark scheme after?

If I had to guess I'd say a stationary wave one, maybe a microwave PAG, might come up. But my guess is just as good as anyone's. Should hopefully be a fairly easy paper, although the spec is still too new to say really. You gonna put up an unofficial mark scheme after?

Tbh im enjoying circuits rn but when i started i was like wtf is this black magic juju

I dont think therell be many PAGs tomorrow? There are no 6 markers so the ones that do come up will be short ones

Yes, I'm literally going through all the PAGS now :biggrin: Yes,it's the new spec so fingers crossed we'll get a decent paper. Tbh i'm not sure whether I'll remember all the answers especially as I've got a day of school But maybe we can all pitch in tomorrow and make a mark scheme! Good luck for tomorrow!!
Original post by thotproduct
Tbh im enjoying circuits rn but when i started i was like wtf is this black magic juju

I dont think therell be many PAGs tomorrow? There are no 6 markers so the ones that do come up will be short ones

Yeah was thinking more for Friday's paper (damn PAGs having to be learnt without actually doing them and all). I don't mind quantum mechanics though as it's all pretty much just calculations here and there :adore:

Yes, I'm literally going through all the PAGS now :biggrin: Yes,it's the new spec so fingers crossed we'll get a decent paper. Tbh i'm not sure whether I'll remember all the answers especially as I've got a day of school But maybe we can all pitch in tomorrow and make a mark scheme! Good luck for tomorrow!!

Good luck!
Yeah was thinking more for Friday's paper (damn PAGs having to be learnt without actually doing them and all). I don't mind quantum mechanics though as it's all pretty much just calculations here and there :adore:

Good luck!

I'm trying to bait one out but I'm at least 60% sure there will be a PAG on determining the young's modulus of a wire.
Reply 32
Guys,
tomorrow we will just share the questions and answers for the whole paper. Just make sure to remember the questions and answers. :smile:
Haha true let's hope luck is on both of our sides! Good luck for tomorrow and let me know how it goes!

you out yet? how did you find it? :smile:
Nice paper, what answers did people get (specifically, the angle one and the 3 mark pressure in water one)
i got something like 12.6 for the angle and that upthrust changes with depth of water etc
Nice paper, what answers did people get (specifically, the angle one and the 3 mark pressure in water one)

i got 12° for the angle, but the pressure in water one...? did i miss a question or are you asking about the upthrust? haha

*for the upthrust q i got acceleration as 42.
what did you get?
Original post by Uranium Potato
i got something like 12.6 for the angle and that upthrust changes with depth of water etc

Yeah I got 12.6 or something as well

I just BS'd my way through the pressure one tbh, didn't know what I was doing
i got 12° for the angle, but the pressure in water one...? did i miss a question or are you asking about the upthrust? haha

*for the upthrust q i got acceleration as 42.

Yeah meant the one with the container and water, you had to explain the graph. and I got that too

Quick Reply

Latest