The Student Room Group

what am I doing wrong? Maths Edexcel AS

I started the year on an A but by now it's drastically dropped and exams are less than 2 weeks away. I revise by doing all textbook questions then do exam questions. I've been doing this for the past 3 months but I haven't seen a change much. I understand all the concepts during revision and when I'm doing small tests for revision I get them right (usually a B or A)... but when it comes to class tests my score is worrying. What do you guys do?
Any helpful tips would be great.
Btw, I'm doing the new spec AS Edexcel Maths
Original post by TJ149
I started the year on an A but by now it's drastically dropped and exams are less than 2 weeks away. I revise by doing all textbook questions then do exam questions. I've been doing this for the past 3 months but I haven't seen a change much. I understand all the concepts during revision and when I'm doing small tests for revision I get them right (usually a B or A)... but when it comes to class tests my score is worrying. What do you guys do?
Any helpful tips would be great.
Btw, I'm doing the new spec AS Edexcel Maths

Sounds like you are doing the right strategy but one thing is missing: understanding why your class test scores are worrying. Have you gone over them? Spoken with the teacher?
Keep practising exam papers a lot but when you get a question wrong, focus on it and you will probably find a topic that keeps coming up that you find difficult
Reply 3
I spoke to my teacher aswell and I did realise that I don't look back on the questions I've done as revision, so I'll start doing so. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest