The Student Room Group

Cant find a job😭😭😭

I’ve been trying sooo hard. Been to soooo many interviews and it’s just been an absolute time waste! My interviews go soo well I answer every question properly but still end up being unsuccessful. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Someone please help me.
Original post by Unknown19x
I’ve been trying sooo hard. Been to soooo many interviews and it’s just been an absolute time waste! My interviews go soo well I answer every question properly but still end up being unsuccessful. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Someone please help me.

Can you give details like the jobs you are applying to?Your qualifications and your previous work experience?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous1502
Can you give details like the jobs you are applying to?Your qualifications and your previous work experience?

I’ve been applying for retail jobs and banks customer service advisors and admin jobs. No luck at all. I’ve had some interviews in retail however been unsuccessful in all. I do so well in the interview and I still come out unsuccessful
Do you have any work experience?
Reply 4
Original post by bones-mccoy
Do you have any work experience?

No love
No love

Work experience will give you an advantage over other people, perhaps the other candidates have work experience you don't so they're the ones getting the jobs
Reply 6
Work experience will give you an advantage over other people, perhaps the other candidates have work experience you don't so they're the ones getting the jobs

But how am I meant to get the experience when they won’t even give me an opportunity. I’ve done voluntary work but still no luck with getting jobs
Reply 7
Yeah, that why I and my friend during the summer holidays are going to go around to the places that we would like to work at and ask if there are any vacancy's. I think it's better to go in person so that can see how ready you are for the workplace and how you would interact with strangers so to say.
You have to remember that are lots of other people applying for the same job who may be more qualified and have more experience than you.
buttt That's my plan for now on xD Good Luck x
(edited 5 years ago)
But how am I meant to get the experience when they won’t even give me an opportunity. I’ve done voluntary work but still no luck with getting jobs

Is your voluntary work relevant to the roes you're applying for?
Reply 9
Is your voluntary work relevant to the roes you're applying for?

Yes retail

Agreed, I mean volunteering may also be an option if ones desperate if you prove your capable then they may employ you. That is granted what your applying for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending