Contradicted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello all,

My coursework will be starting soon where I have to write a critical analysis of a chosen novel in the form of either Marxist, Feminist or Post-Colonial.

I really need help choosing a really interesting book that fits one of those literary theory, so any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks again,
Samee A
Parker Tracy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OK Samee - what is important is that you pick a text that you are really interested in. You will be reading it (more than once) and writing about it, so make sure you pick something that you feel really invested in. What speaks to you? What do you feel engaged with?

The thing is, you can apply a Marxist or feminist reading to most texts. A post-colonial text is more narrow in terms of the texts that are applicable.

Throw some suggestions out and I will offer some ideas in terms of reading...
Contradicted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by LiyoS)
OK Samee - what is important is that you pick a text that you are really interested in. You will be reading it (more than once) and writing about it, so make sure you pick something that you feel really invested in. What speaks to you? What do you feel engaged with?

The thing is, you can apply a Marxist or feminist reading to most texts. A post-colonial text is more narrow in terms of the texts that are applicable.

Throw some suggestions out and I will offer some ideas in terms of reading...
Hmm, I had Curious Incident of the Dog in the night time - those types of book are in great interest to me. I also thought of A thousand Splendid Suns however, we already studied a novel by Khaled so we cannot choose any novels with the same author.

If you have any suggestions along those lines, please let me know

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads