The Student Room Group

Life of a Computer Science student

I kind of know what's going to be included in the course syllabus but I've never received a full answer on how my life as a CompSci will be. Like how many hours per day do I have to study? Am I going to be in the computer lab 24/7? (you get the idea). I will hopefully start my course in October and I want to be fully prepared for it.
Original post by technopelogy
I kind of know what's going to be included in the course syllabus but I've never received a full answer on how my life as a CompSci will be. Like how many hours per day do I have to study? Am I going to be in the computer lab 24/7? (you get the idea). I will hopefully start my course in October and I want to be fully prepared for it.

You're not going to like this answer, but it depends on the uni and how you are in general.

No, you won't be in the lab 24/7. It's up to you completely.
Reply 2
Without women.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I don't know why but everyone keeps saying that I will have little to none social life as a CompSci student. Thankfully, I have some knowledge on the course mostly on the theory aspect of the course.
Original post by technopelogy
Thanks a lot for your reply. I don't know why but everyone keeps saying that I will have little to none social life as a CompSci student. Thankfully, I have some knowledge on the course mostly on the theory aspect of the course.

I think it's because there's a lot of maths in CompSci courses, and many students will struggle. Don't people's negativity bother you.

CompSci is a great course.

Quick Reply

Latest