Reading Festival - early bird

Watch
surreal01088
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Do you need early bird to secure a good camp spot (basically any that isnt white or brown)?
CourtneyySheri
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You don’t need early bird but I HIGHLY recommend it. without early bird you’re gonna be one of thousands coming into the campsites probably tryna secure a good spot around orange/purple etc where all the early birds have already set up camp. You’re gonna have to walk past loads of people and basically squish yourself in a sh** area. It’s basically just gonna be a lot harder tbh. Besides what’s better than waking up in your tent, cracking open a cold one and watching all of the people that didn’t buy early bird struggle to find a decent camping spot. Pay the extra £20 or whatever, definitely worth it.
surreal01088
Rep:
?
(Original post by CourtneyySheri)
You don’t need early bird but I HIGHLY recommend it. without early bird you’re gonna be one of thousands coming into the campsites probably tryna secure a good spot around orange/purple etc where all the early birds have already set up camp. You’re gonna have to walk past loads of people and basically squish yourself in a sh** area. It’s basically just gonna be a lot harder tbh. Besides what’s better than waking up in your tent, cracking open a cold one and watching all of the people that didn’t buy early bird struggle to find a decent camping spot. Pay the extra £20 or whatever, definitely worth it.
Okay thank you, I can't get Early bird but some friends may be able to set up tents but i'm not sure

Hopefully it will okay, I'm quite worried tbh
CourtneyySheri
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by surreal01088)
Okay thank you, I can't get Early bird but some friends may be able to set up tents but i'm not sure

Hopefully it will okay, I'm quite worried tbh
Don’t be worried! If you’re friends can set up the tents and leave you space then perfect but if not then it’s not the end of the world. I mean as long as you end up finding a space it will all be chill. Where are you planning on camping?
surreal01088
Rep:
?
(Original post by CourtneyySheri)
Don’t be worried! If you’re friends can set up the tents and leave you space then perfect but if not then it’s not the end of the world. I mean as long as you end up finding a space it will all be chill. Where are you planning on camping?
My dream camp would be orange or purple, but obviously that's not exactly realistic without early bird.

To be honest, I don't really mind I think we'll just settle with anywhere. Just hoping it's not too far away from everything
dcravenor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you need early bird to secure a good camp spot (basically any that isnt white or brown)?
Yes. By Wednesday evening 10pmish all the great spots are taken and then by Thursday midday all the good stuff is gone and by 4/5pm in Thursday your left with all the **** spaces like near the toilets or at the back in white
surreal01088
Rep:
?
(Original post by dcravenor)
Yes. By Wednesday evening 10pmish all the great spots are taken and then by Thursday midday all the good stuff is gone and by 4/5pm in Thursday your left with all the **** spaces like near the toilets or at the back in white
Yeah I don't think I'm gonna get there until past midday Thursday

Oh well, hopefully it's not too ****
dcravenor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I don't think I'm gonna get there until past midday Thursday

Oh well, hopefully it's not too ****
Worst case scenario get two mates to get early bird then they can pitch there tents and you can join them as they can protect the area
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (23)
13.37%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.98%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.23%
I need help with my personal statement (72)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (40)
23.26%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.74%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.56%

Watched Threads