Amberinho
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay so soon I have to decide which universities I'm going to apply to and I've shortlisted a few but I would really appreciate your opinions of the university if you go there or have visited ie what is it like, do you like it if so why or why not. I'm going to see the universities myself and I'm not going to base my final decision on any comments but an outside view would be useful

They are:
Durham
Lancaster
Edinburgh
Nottingham
Newcastle
Bangor
Warwick
York

I should also mention I'm applying for a natural science/chemistry/biochemistry course dependent on which uni go to
Any information will be helpful thanks
yusyus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amberinho)
Okay so soon I have to decide which universities I'm going to apply to and I've shortlisted a few but I would really appreciate your opinions of the university if you go there or have visited ie what is it like, do you like it if so why or why not. I'm going to see the universities myself and I'm not going to base my final decision on any comments but an outside view would be useful

They are:
Durham
Lancaster
Edinburgh
Nottingham
Newcastle
Bangor
Warwick
York

I should also mention I'm applying for a natural science/chemistry/biochemistry course dependent on which uni go to
Any information will be helpful thanks
I can only comment on Durahm; I applied for natural sciences there. I have no doubt the course is great but I must say I viewed it to have a lot more freedom than it does so think about emailing the university about this. Also the social life at Durham isn't really for me but it might be your thing.
Why don't you consider Imperial; although they don't have a natural sciences course they have a biochem course or just chemistry and they are opening a new chemistry building this summer.
Why not also consider Cambridge or Oxford. It definitely isn't too late to start preparing
Amberinho
Rep:
?
(Original post by yusyus)
I can only comment on Durahm; I applied for natural sciences there. I have no doubt the course is great but I must say I viewed it to have a lot more freedom than it does so think about emailing the university about this. Also the social life at Durham isn't really for me but it might be your thing.
Why don't you consider Imperial; although they don't have a natural sciences course they have a biochem course or just chemistry and they are opening a new chemistry building this summer.
Why not also consider Cambridge or Oxford. It definitely isn't too late to start preparing
Up until recently I had planned to apply to Cambridge but idk I just don't think I'm smart enough to go. What is the social life like as far as social life I'm not much of a party/clubbing person more of a stay in and work type 😂
yusyus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amberinho)
Up until recently I had planned to apply to Cambridge but idk I just don't think I'm smart enough to go. What is the social life like as far as social life I'm not much of a party/clubbing person more of a stay in and work type 😂
I definitely think its worth giving Cambridge a try work hard to prepare for the tests and interviews and you are in for a shot.
all of Oxbridge and Imperial will be very work orientated so you would fit in there. Durham is also pretty work orientated but the social life is said to be really preppy and posh
Amberinho
Rep:
?
(Original post by yusyus)
I definitely think its worth giving Cambridge a try work hard to prepare for the tests and interviews and you are in for a shot.
all of Oxbridge and Imperial will be very work orientated so you would fit in there. Durham is also pretty work orientated but the social life is said to be really preppy and posh
Thank you😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (11)
12.79%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.81%
I need help with my personal statement (35)
40.7%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
25.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.33%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.65%

Watched Threads