The Student Room Group

Year 9 sets going to year 10 help

basically I'm in year 9 and we do combined science Foundation
They say at the end of year 9 we are going to be put into sets for year 10
based on that how would teachers set you and are you going to be in set with your form group or other people ?
if you do foundation and have been acheiving grade 3-5 are you going to be set higher ?
You'll be put in a set with people of your ability. There's usually 3 at my school, a set for the higher levels, middle levels and foundation levels. They usually don't do it based on your form group.
It might be different for you but at my school we’re being put into random groups with nothing to do with form groups or ability
At my school, when we entered Year 10 we were put into 4 sets: extension, top, middle, and support. These were based on our ability both in the year 9 end of year exams and our class work and class tests throughout the year. We stayed in these until the end of year 11, although a couple of people moved by request.

If you’ve been achieving higher grades you may be moved to a set who studies for the higher paper rather than the foundation paper. If they don’t move you and you’d like to do the higher paper, you should ask your teacher - preferably this term in advance - if you can take the higher paper. It’s easier to move now rather than later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending