Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really want to start a business but I don't know how to go about it. Has anyone started one? How did you start it? How did you get the funds? I'm basically clueless... Also, I'm 17 only so it's more difficult. I've always wanted to start one but I guess I'm just scared as there are a lot of risks and I don't have a clue on what to do (also a massive backround story but I won't bore you with the details of that). I have a few big ideas but I'm currently unable to execute them as I need cash. So has anyone got any ideas for a "small" business. I'm going to use the money from that to do what I really want to do then. If that makes sense. Could someone provide me with some tips and guidance, please.

ReputationRep:
    First, companieshouse.gov.uk is where you register your company. It's so easy you can do it in a couple of minutes.

What type of business would you like to set up: what product/service would you offer? Just the other day there was a guy on TSR who set up his own online shop with clothes he made in his room. In terms of finance, you can get startup loans and venture capital firm investing into your company (risk is on VC side in exchange for % of equity in your company).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mill Hill)
    First, companieshouse.gov.uk is where you register your company. It's so easy you can do it in a couple of minutes.

What type of business would you like to set up: what product/service would you offer? Just the other day there was a guy on TSR who set up his own online shop with clothes he made in his room. In terms of finance, you can get startup loans and venture capital firm investing into your company (risk is on VC side in exchange for % of equity in your company).
    Thank-you so much for your response, it’s really helpful. 💛 I have a business idea but it’s something that requires a lot of money and time and effort. Once I’m financially ready I’m going to set it up. However, right now I want to set up a small business where I earn money and then put it aside for my main plan. However, I am unable to think of any ideas for this business. It’s not going to be a short term thing, this business but it’s not the main goal although I am going to put a lot of effort in to it because I need it to succeed (hopefully that makes sense) ☀️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Salaams there,

Doing a Business always involves risks, do not expect anything to come out without taking the risks. You should start of by building the business plan and doing the feasibility studies before heading off for it,

It is a mistake and a common misconception that one need money to start a business, this is highly dependant. Some people take the bank loans and let the manager know how they plan on to giving it back, but the best thing is to ensure that you do have the money in hand. Also the land, and ensure its on a good location etc

What business idea have you considered?
    you can drop by my PM to discuss this further iA!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.