Harry123341
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone ,

I have a degree in urban studies from UCL and have been a charted surveyor for a year (built environment professional).

Although the money is brill the job is becoming mondain and I know my real passion is helping people and supporting them and I really loved and was good at geography A level and Business acheivng A in both.

I also feel as though having worked as built environment professional , I can really pass on employment skills relating to geography and business that apply to the real world.

Is there any way for me who doesnt have a geography degree but has a degree that links to geography (human urban geography) and has an A at Geography A level.

Is there a way I can get into secondary / college education , is there job opputnites for business/ geography teacher and how would this he done?

Cheers everyone do excuse the spelling and grammar typed this very fast on phone
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Harry123341)
Hi everyone ,

I have a degree in urban studies from UCL and have been a charted surveyor for a year (built environment professional).

Although the money is brill the job is becoming mondain and I know my real passion is helping people and supporting them and I really loved and was good at geography A level and Business acheivng A in both.

I also feel as though having worked as built environment professional , I can really pass on employment skills relating to geography and business that apply to the real world.

Is there any way for me who doesnt have a geography degree but has a degree that links to geography (human urban geography) and has an A at Geography A level.

Is there a way I can get into secondary / college education , is there job opputnites for business/ geography teacher and how would this he done?

Cheers everyone do excuse the spelling and grammar typed this very fast on phone
There's multiple routes into teaching, have a look at the details here...

https://getintoteaching.education.go...raining-routes

To compare the one that's right for you you may want to examine this
https://getintoteaching.education.go...df/compare.pdf

Last I checked I *think* Geography had a relatively high demand (although nothing will quite beat Maths or Physics at the moment). Geography is one of those than tends to swing between high and low demand.

You'd need Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) before applying, realistically.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (15)
25.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
62.07%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed