The Student Room Group

Costa Coffee rubbish?

Is it just me or does everyone find Costa rubbish? I'll go there, pay EXTRA for a caramel based drink and can't even taste the caramel

Been Esquires coffee lately and I can taste more caramel in a large drink from there than a small one from Costa
YES their coffee (cappuccinos, americanos etc) is usually awful but the other day I went with a friend and wanted to give it another go so ordered something new- the coconut flat white and it was PENG, the coffee was actually quite strong for once and if you like coconut, it's such a good option
Reply 2
I go to Esquires over Costa just for the vanilla matcha latte mmmmmmm

But usually I think coffee is a scam anyway
Reply 3
Original post by Cat476
YES their coffee (cappuccinos, americanos etc) is usually awful but the other day I went with a friend and wanted to give it another go so ordered something new- the coconut flat white and it was PENG, the coffee was actually quite strong for once and if you like coconut, it's such a good option

Believe me, if I wanted a latte then I'd pay for a latte yet I still somehow manage to get what tastes exactly the same at caramel latte prices
Reply 4
Original post by Sataris
I go to Esquires over Costa just for the vanilla matcha latte mmmmmmm

But usually I think coffee is a scam anyway

First thing I ever got from Esquires was a caramel macchiato and i haven't gotten anything else since mmmmm
Nero.
Original post by Mahel
Is it just me or does everyone find Costa rubbish? I'll go there, pay EXTRA for a caramel based drink and can't even taste the caramel

Been Esquires coffee lately and I can taste more caramel in a large drink from there than a small one from Costa

The last time I had a costa it was barely warm for a hot chocolate 😂
I think it is better than Starbucks
Reply 8
Original post by random_matt
Nero.

All the way.
(edited 5 years ago)
I’m actually a coffee-drinker bt I like their hot chocolate (very much)!
Original post by Rock Fan
I think it is better than Starbucks

Agreed.
Original post by TFrey19
All the way.

Think i spent around £30 a week in there when i was at uni. Guess it will happen again this year, lol.
Reply 12
Original post by random_matt
Think i spent around £30 a week in there when i was at uni. Guess it will happen again this year, lol.

I go in so often I tend to get freebies now, especially if I’ve been at the library and go in just before closing. It’s great but also quite sad when you think about it 😂
Original post by Cat476

I SECOND THIS, costa coconut flat white is bomb 😍😍😍😍😍😍
Reply 14
I'll admit that Costa at Warwick Uni was amazing but my local ones aren't so good

Esquires for hot drinks, Starbucks for cold - that's my way from now on
I liked their hot chocolates but they're so diluted even when you say a VERY STRONG ONE please
Original post by Mahel

I love their hot chocolates. I don't drink coffee so a hot chocolate is the only thing I get. Only once was it a bit meh, all other times it has been great.
I tend to find with Costa there’s too much variation between store to store in terms of quality which really shouldn’t be the case - also depends who is making them.
In theory - you can ask for a new one but often if they are busy you don’t like doing that so it makes it imperative they get it right the first time.

Though it should be said there are some Costas I go to and the quality is consistently good which is a credit to the staff there.

With Starbucks - there tends to more consistency with quality regardless where you go
No it isn't just you, Costa coffee is over priced rubbish!

Quick Reply

Latest