The Student Room Group

edexcel igcse...not started my revision and i have like 12 days

yep thats right, but its not like idk a thing and i havent seen a past paper and im clueless, im quite organised at the moment and i take 7 subjects and aiming for Bs, will i be able to make it? I AM SUPER DEMOTIVATED AND STRESSSSSSED.

give me tips.
Reply 1
You have 24 hours per day. See how many hours your spend in school, eating, showering, etc. The rest of the time, just study.

Study intensely for 25 minutes and give a 5 minute break. Do this for all the free time you have.

If you have 12 days, spend like 4 days revising and 6 days solving QPs. The other 2 days, study for the first exam you have. Also, look at the specification of each subject before revising (if you haven't already) and revise according to the specification.

Btw, what subjects do you have?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
There are some really good cramming sites and fast revision sites you should use. Seneca Learning is super and Quizlet can be very useful as you can find pre-made quizzes and flashcards.
I'd basically advice going through the content as quickly as possible, to ensure that you're familiar with it, and then spend as much time as possible testing. use as many ways of testing as possible (online tests, flashcards, handwritten pop quizzes, past paper qus, textbook qus) as the variety makes you remember it better and makes you more competent at answering questions. Good luck!
how are you supposed to aim for B's if you've never seen a past paper....

F A K E N E W S keem2.jpg
Reply 4
Original post by DramaAlertNation
how are you supposed to aim for B's if you've never seen a past paper....

F A K E N E W S keem2.jpg

i said its not like that...duh
Reply 5
Original post by Raka_
You have 24 hours per day. See how many hours your spend in school, eating, showering, etc. The rest of the time, just study.

Study intensely for 25 minutes and give a 5 minute break. Do this for all the free time you have.

If you have 12 days, spend like 4 days revising and 6 days solving QPs. The other 2 days, study for the first exam you have. Also, look at the specification of each subject before revising (if you haven't already) and revise according to the specification.

Btw, what subjects do you have?

yes ive been revising according to the specification..

my subjects are: the three sciences, english, maths, economics, ICT.

all i need to do now is do hardcore studying and give most of my time to books.
Reply 6
Original post by MimiElf
There are some really good cramming sites and fast revision sites you should use. Seneca Learning is super and Quizlet can be very useful as you can find pre-made quizzes and flashcards.
I'd basically advice going through the content as quickly as possible, to ensure that you're familiar with it, and then spend as much time as possible testing. use as many ways of testing as possible (online tests, flashcards, handwritten pop quizzes, past paper qus, textbook qus) as the variety makes you remember it better and makes you more competent at answering questions. Good luck!

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest