What does it mean to get released early from Oxford Interviews?

Watch
londoncoin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My friend had an early release so was only there for a day instead of two. Out of 10+ people she met applying her course, none of them were released early.

She only had the set amount of interviews too where as everyone else had on average 2/3+ extra interviews.

She got in. Does this mean that she was a really good applicant?
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I guess like any assessment day, it is time-tabled and some people simply finish earlier because that's how it worked out.

2 months ago I was told my assessment day for a job would finish at 5pm, when it finished at 1pm instead.
Lau14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's impossible to play the guessing game with Oxford interviews, but that does sound likely - the set number of interviews was enough (combined with her application/any entrance exam results) for them to decide they had all the information they needed, and since that information ended in her getting an offer she clearly did well! Extra interviews can be for a number of reasons though, so it's not necessarily the case that she did better than all the other applicants.
username3758254
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Getting released early means one of two things:
1.) You did really well and the college wants you and will offer you a spot.
2.) You did extremely poorly and the college has deemed you unfit for the tutorial system.

Anywhere in between and you will obtain a second college interview (or more), which allows you to perform more and improve your chances of getting in somewhere.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
27.15%
England (98)
33.68%
Belgium (25)
8.59%
Germany (37)
12.71%
Spain (5)
1.72%