Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hannah James)
Same company as STUDIO COLLECTIVE AND KUBE STUDIOS

Google kube and bbc watchdog

I’m going to go fraud squad
Good. It’s nice of you to inform others about it.
Hannah James
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
big scammers
EstherDavis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was scammed by these people. Be careful.
EstherDavis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me too. They are the worst people. Scammed me out of over a grand. Never got even one photo for it.
quasa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For some reason, I thought this was about the computer programme visual studio :lol:

in anycase hopefully the people who got scammed can get justice.
Gheorghe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi.Did anyone work with Barry Jones at the visual studios in Birmingham? What do you think?
shawnobrian
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
confirmed, Hannah James is absolutely correct with her information... thanks
valentass
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Do you guys have evidence that they are scammers?
I nearly paid over £800
valentass
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
There you go what you need to know I found out from real agency! (you welcome)

1. They sent to you to a studio to buy a portfolio under the guise of model assessment or model test shoot. Proper agencies NEVER conduct interviews in studios. Rather, they do so in an office by taking some Polaroids [which all serious models need] and getting to know you as a person. After all, they will be the ones vouching for you to clients and if your job all goes belly up, the agency carries the can [i.e. takes the blame] and not the model .
  2. They took a booking deposit over the phone to confirm the appointment and said, you would get it back as long as you turn up.
  3. They took pictures (i.e. for a portfolio and proceeded to charge me an extortionate amount of money) on the premise that I need this to be signed up to an agency. False!!! You do not need an expensive portfolio to be a signed to an agency. You just need some natural images that can be taken with a good quality camera even from a smartphone.
  4. They promised you jobs at the end of it (studios or model platform companies cannot get you work as a model). They are NOT allowed under UK law!
  5. They did not offer you a proper model contract that is government regulated.
  6. When you check their Instagram (for example), you cannot see their models at work or samples of their clients).Instead, all you see are layers of testimonials all probably fake!
  7. Their name does not end in Model Management
Hkaaaan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I have been a victim of fraud by Birmingham visual studios but I am glad that my bank did a chargeback and got my money back, they are the biggest fraud going , very misleading people
Njoshi56
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How long after did you get this chargeback?
Hkaaaan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I did the chargeback straight away as I realised they frauded me, my bank reimburs d my account straight away, but they also told me that the company has 30 days to contact them, if they don’t then the case gets closed and that’s it , they never got in contact with me or the bank, so I’m presuming the case is closed now.
True Believer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I went to the one in London and since yhe final payment i jave haf lots of emails telling me what to do next and agencies calling al day, all free to join. I have just been talking to an ahency sent him some selfies and also some professional they want the progessional. Go to Tichtfield Street West End and they are the real visual studios sounds like the others were fakes as i dont remember them ssying they have studios anywhere else in this country.
True Believer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
They are not an agency they are a platform with connections to over 120 agencies and they are all legit ive been offered a casting already with talent management i have his mobile number and they are free. Only one has asked for money and their promise is to sell me if i get no work in 90 days i will get a refund. They said £90 for a year.
Last edited by True Believer; 6 months ago
Dawn109
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I went to visual studios in Birmingham today, I paid £1500 hundred pound for a photo album not doing much research on this company. I came home starting doing my research and it’s saying it a scam, I’ve phoned my bank tried to cancel the transaction but unsuccessful. Can anybody help me with getting my money back.Thank you
Louisenbela
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi i took my daughter to a shoot at visual studio in Birmingham. Im beging to thing iv been scamed. Iv talk to another angency and its so different. Can you give me your experience please.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (132)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (201)
27.24%
Not great so far... (266)
36.04%
I want to drop out! (139)
18.83%

Watched Threads