Visual studio big scammers Watch
Google kube and bbc watchdog
I’m going to go fraud squad
in anycase hopefully the people who got scammed can get justice.
I nearly paid over £800
- They sent to you to a studio to buy a portfolio under the guise of model assessment or model test shoot. Proper agencies NEVER conduct interviews in studios. Rather, they do so in an office by taking some Polaroids [which all serious models need] and getting to know you as a person. After all, they will be the ones vouching for you to clients and if your job all goes belly up, the agency carries the can [i.e. takes the blame] and not the model .
- They took a booking deposit over the phone to confirm the appointment and said, you would get it back as long as you turn up.
- They took pictures (i.e. for a portfolio and proceeded to charge me an extortionate amount of money) on the premise that I need this to be signed up to an agency. False!!! You do not need an expensive portfolio to be a signed to an agency. You just need some natural images that can be taken with a good quality camera even from a smartphone.
- They promised you jobs at the end of it (studios or model platform companies cannot get you work as a model). They are NOT allowed under UK law!
- They did not offer you a proper model contract that is government regulated.
- When you check their Instagram (for example), you cannot see their models at work or samples of their clients).Instead, all you see are layers of testimonials all probably fake!
- Their name does not end in Model Management