The Student Room Group

Mature student social life.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Taz2k90
What do you mean by IB jobs?

Investment Banking.
Original post by ryan85
Wow... so it wouldn't be creepy if a 20 year old groped an 18 year old?

Why would it be? It's pretty much a standard on a drunk night out for 18-23 year olds to grope one another...

Everything else you've said pretty much agrees with previous posts I've made though.
Original post by AndrewMarkSP
Why would it be? It's pretty much a standard on a drunk night out for 18-23 year olds to grope one another...

Well you said "A 35 year old groping a drunk 18 year old will be seen as creepy".

Sort of implies non-consensual groping doesn't it? Lots of people in prison because a jury has decided that a girl was too drunk to consent for sex, it was just the way your sentence read which took me aback.
Original post by ryan85
Well you said "A 35 year old groping a drunk 18 year old will be seen as creepy".

Sort of implies non-consensual groping doesn't it? Lots of people in prison because a jury has decided that a girl was too drunk to consent for sex, it was just the way your sentence read which took me aback.

I'm not implying it's non consensual. What I'm saying is that it's more likely to look non consensual because of the age gap. Whereas nobody would look twice at two drunk teenagers groping.
I wasn't warning OP of legal consequences, merely of social ones.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending