The Student Room Group

Miscellaneous Thread VII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Thoughts on Drake's Scorpion @So Instinct @difeo (dunno why I think difeo would have a proper opinion but oh well) @Fizzel @Rk2k14 ?
Original post by bj27
Thoughts on Drake's Scorpion @So Instinct @difeo (dunno why I think difeo would have a proper opinion but oh well) @Fizzel @Rk2k14 ?

I think excluding the single releases it was a pretty average album. It had a couple pretty good songs, but no absolute bangers like his previously albums have had sprinkled in. First impression was that it was quite a slow album with some good summer jams but that's it really, which is okay for the average musician, but relative to that Midas touch drake has, bit disappointed.

I rate More Life, Views, What a time and If you're reading this all higher. Nothing was the same And Take Care had better songs too but worse production. 2015-2017 was probably peak drake.

That being said, I have had to let songs grow on me recently, like the J.cole album, so that could happen.

@trapking Did you like xxxtentacion?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 582
Original post by So Instinct
I think excluding the single releases it was a pretty average album. It had a couple pretty good songs, but no absolute bangers like his previously albums have had sprinkled in.

I rate More Life, Views, What a time and If you're reading this all higher. Nothing was the same And Take Care had better songs too but worse production. 2015-2017 was probably peak drake.

That being said, I have had to let songs grow on me recently, like the J.cole album, so that could happen.

@trapking Did you like xxxtentacion?

I think he obviously released some filler songs to get out of the deal, makes sense why he was releasing an album every year(Birdman gets people releasing tracks like slaves). I did like Views and think More Life is underrated, I liked Thank Me Later and So Far Gone too.

A side or B side? I prefer A side but think it would have been a very good album had he just put the best on both sides. The funniest thing about the B side is that the best song for me has Nicki Minaj using her bars from another song.

I think Drake will still chart no.1 regardless and get best rap album, guy on Taylor Swift level. Only guy who competes with him is Kendrick.

Is this it for Summer albums then? Can't think of anyone else that will release one soon. Bas hasn't had a date for his so will probably be later. A$AP Rocky I ain't even listened to yet because of Yeezy season.

Wrt X I didn't really **** with his general music like that, but there was a song with Joey Bada$$ that was cool which he did recently so maybe he was going to develop his style. Only one of those new school guys I listen to is 6ix9ine :rofl:
(edited 5 years ago)
Those with degrees or high level qualifications, do you put your GCSE's on your CV? I've got my master's now, and at the moment my CV just says "GCSE's: 10 A-C grades including Maths, science and English."

Seems a bit pointless as I'd need all that to have gotten to where I am anyway
Reply 584
Original post by The Wavefunction
Those with degrees or high level qualifications, do you put your GCSE's on your CV? I've got my master's now, and at the moment my CV just says "GCSE's: 10 A-C grades including Maths, science and English."

Just say I got 11 A-C Grades including Maths and English.

I do put my A level grades though.
Jam with the subtle one-upmanship
Reply 586
Original post by Louis.
Jam with the subtle one-upmanship

Speaking of that, currently decimating a guy who knows nothing about football on the France vs Uruguay thread.

Or are you looking at my sig?
Original post by The Wavefunction

I just put my net worth these days
Lukaku has absolutely bullied Brazil's defence tonight but man has the touch of a rapist
Reply 589
Willian straight up fraud.
Barely listen to Drake tbh.

Lol'ing at those who wanted Pogba sold.

Imagine him and Kante together for the same club team.
Original post by Fizzel
Hopefully when United next play like garbage people will remember when Lukaku and Pogba ran the show for their respective teams. Both of them looking brilliant and addressing the areas they were criticised for last season. Lukaku's link up play has been as good as anyone else in the world of late and in for the golden boot, and Pogba has been the complete midfielder, while being as creative as usual.

At least we can rest assured that both of those players will be at the club longer than Mourinho.
Reply 592
Original post by Fizzel
Hopefully when United next play like garbage people will remember when Lukaku and Pogba ran the show for their respective teams. Both of them looking brilliant and addressing the areas they were criticised for last season. Lukaku's link up play has been as good as anyone else in the world of late and in for the golden boot, and Pogba has been the complete midfielder, while being as creative as usual.

It is the players fault for not showing as much passion at club level and not the managers tactics.

AVB played lukaku right wing all those years ago for a reason.
Reply 593
Neymar completely put into the shadow by Hazard. Obviously struggled to up his level from playing French farmers to WC games. Disease.
Original post by S.G.
Neymar completely put into the shadow by Hazard. Obviously struggled to up his level from playing French farmers to WC games. Disease.

Hazard's been exceptional this tournament, stand out player for me. Even when he doesn't score or assist he's levels above the rest of his team.
Reply 595
But De Bruyne will still get the plaudits because of that pass he made.

Also Brazil's fault for starting Willian and Jesus every game who were doing the square root of nothing despite Firmino and Costa being much better players.

Lol at Courtois doing one of his WC performances but will probably let one of the *****est goals in against France in the semis.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 596
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Hazard's been exceptional this tournament, stand out player for me. Even when he doesn't score or assist he's levels above the rest of his team.

The only reason he isn't regarded as top 3 is because he plays for Chelsea and wasn't part of some MSN trio, and 15/16. Neymar would be awful in this Chelsea side. To top it off, he's got some incest going on on the side.

Original post by bj27

Also Brazil's fault for starting Willian and Jesus every game who were doing the square root of nothing despite Firmino and Costa being much better players.

Lol at Courtois doing one of his WC performances but will probably let one of the *****est goals in against France in the semis.

Lol Tite was saying he wanted Willian to show his Chelsea form ffs. Clueless.
Original post by S.G.

Only cause Fellaini had Neymar on lock
Reply 598
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Only cause Fellaini had Neymar on lock

I agree, but I think that speaks volumes about Neymar rather than Fellaini.
Original post by bj27

Dat goal by KDB :coma:

Quick Reply

Latest