The Student Room Group

Miscellaneous Thread VII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by AR_95
lol i'm guessing you aren't aware of the Khabib yet

Conor isn't even close. He's been avoiding this fight for a reason.

[video="youtube;mjfOeLQG9-M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjfOeLQG9-M[/video]

This guy wrestles bears ffs

Loooool ffs only in Eastern Europe do you get this kinda stuff.
Reply 981
Original post by AR_95
lol i'm guessing you aren't aware of the Khabib yet

Conor isn't even close. He's been avoiding this fight for a reason.

[video="youtube;mjfOeLQG9-M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjfOeLQG9-M[/video]

This guy wrestles bears ffs

I'm very aware of the fight game and Khabib but I think you're severely underestimating Connor.

McGregor's fighting style is very unique, this guy is a pure student of the game. He's not an easy target to hit and during his 2 years off from the UFC all he did was train BJJ to perfect his ground game because he knew this is Khabib's only chance of winning. Connor is a better striker than Khabib so Khabib will have to get really down and dirty to win.

I can't see Khabib winning. Connor will win.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 983
Original post by trapking
I'm very aware of the fight game and Khabib but I think you're severely underestimating Connor.

McGregor's fighting style is very unique, this guy is a pure student of the game. He's not an easy target to hit and during his 2 years off from the UFC all he did was train BJJ to perfect his ground game because he knew this is Khabib's only chance of winning. Connor is a better striker than Khabib so Khabib will have to get really down and dirty to win.

I can't see Khabib winning. Connor will win.

Original post by Rk2k14

Regarding the fight its whether McGregor can connect with that left early cuz once it goes past the 1st Khabib is gonna maul him. The guy's GnP is probably the best in the UFC.

He'll take him into deep waters and drown him.

Rk pretty much summarised it. Like I said Conor gases out in fights and Khabib is going to take advantage of that. If Conor over commits in the first round to land something then Khabib is going to punish him for it too.

Anyways this is probably the biggest fight of their careers for both of them. Real defining moment here of who the GOAT is. The Cormier vs Miocic fight proved that anything could happen though.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 984
Original post by AR_95
Rk pretty much summarised it. Like I said Conor gases out in fights and Khabib is going to take advantage of that. If Conor over commits in the first round to land something then Khabib is going to punish him for it too.

Anyways this is probably the biggest fight of their careers for both of them. Real defining moment here of who the GOAT is.

Bare in mind this assumption of Conor getting gassed comes from when he moved up weight to fight Diaz so that was always going to happen because he wasn't too used at fighting in that weight class.

From that time onwards he has bulked up significantly, upped his conditioning levels and when he fought Diaz the second time he was much better. Look at his conditioning now, he's in top shape and is dropping back down to Lightweight to fight Khabib.

The real GOAT is coming and Khabib can't do anything about it.

(edited 5 years ago)
Ufc is ****
Reply 986
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Ufc is ****

It's not WWE I agree
^melts
Shocking last day or so on here.

The fight maths is pretty straightforward , Connor to catch an R1-2 KO or to get turned to mash potato over 5 rounds. My money is on Khabib, he'll do everything in his power to avoid the left hand and chain double legs- he'll get it to the floor eventually and I'd be surprised if after that point he didn't give Connor the sauce.
I have a hunch it will be a super boring fight for the most part in reality though, Connor to run for 5 rounds and just keep him at jabbing distance, probably try test his chin once or twice, fingers crossed that's not the case and Khabib has success with the doubles.

Disappointed Jimmy didn't say nonce.
McGregor can train BJJ all he wants.

Khalabeeb is a multiple sambo world champion.
Reply 990
Original post by Jimmy Seville
^melts

it was a joke relax

btw well done on the UEFA job
(edited 5 years ago)
Jimmy Seville calling everyone nonces at UEFA HQ.
As he should be, gotta keep that same energy.
Reply 993
Original post by James.Carnell
Jimmy Seville calling everyone nonces at UEFA HQ.

Wouldn't be far from the truth tbf. Man just waiting for the football season to start so I can start insulting people again.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45081668

I guess it can pay to be a big fat nerd?
So basically turns out I’m probably gonna be moving to work in London at the end of September. That’s a big move considering I’m currently in Leeds and I’ve been up north all my life...

Looks like it will be one of two offices - either near Covent Garden or near Elephant & Castle.

RIP me
Original post by Lúcio
So basically turns out I’m probably gonna be moving to work in London at the end of September. That’s a big move considering I’m currently in Leeds and I’ve been up north all my life...

Looks like it will be one of two offices - either near Covent Garden or near Elephant & Castle.

RIP me

Oi oi watch out bruv. Man like Luke will get bare shanked.

(Especially with all that money you carry around.)
Let's be honest though yeah, Zayn's style since leaving One Direction has been absolutely off the ****ing charts.

Reply 999
Original post by Lúcio

RIP me

Will stalk you. :smile:

Original post by James.Carnell
Oi oi watch out bruv. Man like Luke will get bare shanked.

(Especially with all that money you carry around.)

Elephant and Castle being gentrified to ****, Luke will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest