How unfair! Maths sets limiting my grades! Watch

llortegarevaru
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Right guys!
Is it just me that finds it stupid that on a foundation paper you cannot get a grade 6 to 9! My maths teecher told me that 100 percent would only get me a grade 5. On a higher paper a grade 7 is 45 percent. As this is what I got on my foundation paper shouldn’t I have been awarded a grade 7 not a 2? The people with low targets are being discriminated against especially considearing I revise for 5 minutes a day JUST ON MATHS . I was hoping for a grade 8 but I’m not sure it’s going to happen any help from people would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys✌️
Roxirin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
5 minutes a day? Did you mean five hours?
llortegarevaru
Rep:
?
(Original post by Roxirin)
5 minutes a day? Did you mean five hours?
No , but I do spend up to 20 minutes on a weekend. What about you?
primrosered
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by llortegarevaru)
Right guys!
Is it just me that finds it stupid that on a foundation paper you cannot get a grade 6 to 9! My maths teecher told me that 100 percent would only get me a grade 5. On a higher paper a grade 7 is 45 percent. As this is what I got on my foundation paper shouldn’t I have been awarded a grade 7 not a 2? The people with low targets are being discriminated against especially considearing I revise for 5 minutes a day JUST ON MATHS . I was hoping for a grade 8 but I’m not sure it’s going to happen any help from people would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys✌️
Really? That’s just impossible! You only do 5 minutes a day, are you sure?
JamandJelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Right guys!
do you believe revising 5 minutes a day on maths is a lot of time?
llortegarevaru
Rep:
?
(Original post by JamandJelly)
do you believe revising 5 minutes a day on maths is a lot of time?
Well yeah , maths is important
JamandJelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well yeah , maths is important
ok you're obviously a troll who has too much time on their hands ...
Josy D'arcy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can't a 6 on a foundation paper sorry bud
llortegarevaru
Rep:
?
What’s a troll, I’m not like a green shrek
primrosered
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Doesn’t he mean 5 hours
llortegarevaru
Rep:
?
(Original post by primrosered)
Doesn’t he mean 5 hours
No , that would be insane!!!
JamandJelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by primrosered)
Doesn’t he mean 5 hours
no because someone already asked him that and he said he actually spends 5 minutes a day on maths this is a troll wasting everyone's time
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
With five minutes a day you could probably sit the higher instead??? Ask your teacher
primrosered
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no because someone already asked him that and he said he actually spends 5 minutes a day on maths this is a troll wasting everyone's time
Oh okay, sorry
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Right guys!
5 minutes a day is nothing. If you want to do the higher paper, you need to be doing at least 1 hour, preferably 2 but making sure it is effective time. 5 minutes is barely enough time to get your notebook open and sharpen your pencil.

It is fair, because the foundation paper allows the less mathsy people a chance at passing their GCSE. If they did the higher they might not.
llortegarevaru
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sataris)
With five minutes a day you could probably sit the higher instead??? Ask your teacher
Do you think so, I’ll ask. Thanks😁
Roxirin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No , but I do spend up to 20 minutes on a weekend. What about you?
I didn't revise for my GCSE's and got 8 A's, 2 B's, and 2 C's.

That being said, five minutes isn't even enough to read through a past paper. You should be doing like, an hour or two a night on weekdays and like three or four hours on weekends.

I take coursework subjects now so it's technically not hypocrisy :P
dmillers
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Revising for 5 minutes a day is pretty impressive considering this guys an absolute turnip with a 0.1 inch wiener :centipe::gfight::grouphugs::turban:
Issakatie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well foundation is obviously easier...
llortegarevaru
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
5 minutes a day is nothing. If you want to do the higher paper, you need to be doing at least 1 hour, preferably 2 but making sure it is effective time. 5 minutes is barely enough time to get your notebook open and sharpen your pencil.

It is fair, because the foundation paper allows the less mathsy people a chance at passing their GCSE. If they did the higher they might not.
Well it seems to be working though. I’ll try to do more then. And I’d pass a higher paper any day!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?