1 Maths
2 Further Maths
3 Physics
4 Chemistry

In addition to above, I am also considering preparing for the following:
5 Computer Science
6 Business
7 English Literature

I like all the above subjects especially maths & physics and have aimed for A* in all of them.
Now, would it be a better idea to drop subjects 5,6 & 7 for the sake of an in-depth and detailed study of Maths & Physics particularly Mechanics.
This includes:
1. studying for preparation of proof-based mathematics competitions.
2. studying mechanics in detail from "An Introduction to mechanics by
Kolenkow & Kleppner".
3. studying Feynmann's Lectures in physics.
4. studying probability theory in detail.
5. studying & practicing (STEP Grade) nonstandard problems, complex geometric (& trigonometric) problems and problems involving sequences and series.

What course of study will give me better chances and make me stand out at universities. Should I go for Depth or Breadth.
Original post by megapredator
I am currently preparing for A-levels in the following subjects:
1 Maths
2 Further Maths
3 Physics
4 Chemistry

In addition to above, I am also considering preparing for the following:
5 Computer Science
6 Business
7 English Literature

I like all the above subjects especially maths & physics and have aimed for A* in all of them.
Now, would it be a better idea to drop subjects 5,6 & 7 for the sake of an in-depth and detailed study of Maths & Physics particularly Mechanics.
This includes:
1. studying for preparation of proof-based mathematics competitions.
2. studying mechanics in detail from "An Introduction to mechanics by
Kolenkow & Kleppner".
3. studying Feynmann's Lectures in physics.
4. studying probability theory in detail.
5. studying & practicing (STEP Grade) nonstandard problems, complex geometric (& trigonometric) problems and problems involving sequences and series.

What course of study will give me better chances and make me stand out at universities. Should I go for Depth or Breadth.

If you do any more than 3 A-Levels and end up doing badly on some of them, universities will see this as a sign that you're taking on too much and aren't sufficiently sure about what you want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest