Tiana Rashid
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyone currently studying in King's who missed their conditional offers by a few grades or IB Points? What were you let in with and what was your conditions? Anyone in Pharmacy who was let in despite not meeting their offer conditions?

Please help! I am super worried as my Maths exam went terribly and King's is my dream school and I would be super heartbroken to not be able to attend!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tiana Rashid)
Anyone currently studying in King's who missed their conditional offers by a few grades or IB Points? What were you let in with and what was your conditions? Anyone in Pharmacy who was let in despite not meeting their offer conditions?

Please help! I am super worried as my Maths exam went terribly and King's is my dream school and I would be super heartbroken to not be able to attend!
Worrying distracts and doesnt get you extra marks.
Closer you are to the offer grade then the better your chances.
They give places to people who meet the grade and then see how many spare they have plus how many near misses.

Just focus on doing your best, then its up to them and events outside your control. If it really is your dream and it goes wrong, then just resit and go the following year.
Khanify
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,I was in your boat last summer lol. I missed my offer by one grade for History, which was AAA and i got AAB, the B in Maths. So I did stil manage to get in, and others on my course managed to get in with ABC for my course. I am not too sure about pharmacy, but from what I have heard, KCL are lenient at times. Overall, it does depend on their intake for that year and how many actually get the grades. For now, I would just try and focus on the rest of your exams.
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

No, pretty much no one attends with lower than their offer. Ah well.
Khanify
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by futbol)
No, pretty much no one attends with lower than their offer. Ah well.
lol stop chatting ****. Plenty of people attend with less than their offer.
FAO_26
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My cousin missed her medicine offer , she got ABC and still got into her insurance which was Kings pharmacy. So don't worry too much
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Kings must have a crap pharmacy school ABC to be a pharmacist is laughable... sorry...
FAO_26
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I guess they were just under subscribed .
Tiana Rashid
Rep:
?
(Original post by FAO_26)
My cousin missed her medicine offer , she got ABC and still got into her insurance which was Kings pharmacy. So don't worry too much
Which year was this?
FAO_26
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which year was this?
This was last year , results day 2017
Incunabula
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Apart from their law and dentistry courses, King’s are not that selective.
Tiana Rashid
Rep:
?
(Original post by FAO_26)
This was last year , results day 2017
I am assuming the A your cousin got was in Chemistry? What was the C in if you don't mind me asking?
FAO_26
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am assuming the A your cousin got was in Chemistry? What was the C in if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah I think she got a C in maths
Tiana Rashid
Rep:
?
That’s why they took her bc her chem was A grade and she needs that for pharmacy. My chem will **** me over, had the exams today it was awful
FAO_26
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That’s why they took her bc her chem was A grade and she needs that for pharmacy. My chem will **** me over, had the exams today it was awful
I'm sure you didn't do that bad , my cousin might have got an A in bio and B in chem. I am not too sure because I didn't really ask what she got specifically for each subject as she was really upset.
oz1234567
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
im doing the french bac this year (as tough as IB) and missed my offer by getting 14.2/20 instead of a 15/20 for my general average. contacted them through kings apply last week and they told me i was in . pretty lenient id say. (MEng electronics engineering)
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by oz1234567)
im doing the french bac this year (as tough as IB) and missed my offer by getting 14.2/20 instead of a 15/20 for my general average. contacted them through kings apply last week and they told me i was in . pretty lenient id say. (MEng electronics engineering)
Your acting as if you got 12 instead of 15...

14.2 isnt that far off 15 at all though lol....its not even a full 1....😂
oz1234567
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
for instance ucl said i had to wait until september whereas kings accepted and accepted some of my other friends who missed it as well. chill bro
Tiana Rashid
Rep:
?
(Original post by oz1234567)
for instance ucl said i had to wait until september whereas kings accepted and accepted some of my other friends who missed it as well. chill bro
missed by how much
oz1234567
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
by a point or less over 20
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads