username2871748
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can someone please give me good websites for maths statistics revision? (like videos or how to do questions, but videos help me the most) I was supposed to choose mechanics this year but unfortunately, the exam board (WJEC) changed it to half stats and half mechanics when before it used to be optional

Some topics are the binomial theorem, Poisson distribution, Statistical Sampling, probability and Statistical hypothesis testing.
Prasiortle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kurro)
Can someone please give me good websites for maths statistics revision? (like videos or how to do questions, but videos help me the most) I was supposed to choose mechanics this year but unfortunately, the exam board (WJEC) changed it to half stats and half mechanics when before it used to be optional

Some topics are the binomial theorem, Poisson distribution, Statistical Sampling, probability and Statistical hypothesis testing.
It's not your exam board that changed it, but rather, the government, with their reforms to A-Levels. Consequently this affects all boards.

Try https://www.examsolutions.net/statistics-help/
futbol
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kurro)

Yes there are many on YouTube
username2871748
Rep:
?
(Original post by futbol)
Yes there are many on YouTube
Could you please link me to some or give me channel names as i cannot find any good channels/videos.
username2871748
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prasiortle)
It's not your exam board that changed it, but rather, the government, with their reforms to A-Levels. Consequently this affects all boards.

Try https://www.examsolutions.net/statistics-help/

Oh wow, I didn't know. May everyone rest in peace. xD
But thank you for the website!!
Ankie3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Kurro

Are you working through the WJEC New Specimen paper Unit 2?
username2871748
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ankie3)
Hi Kurro

Are you working through the WJEC New Specimen paper Unit 2?
Yes, I have been through that. It was useful.
Ankie3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you mind me asking what you did for Q2, the binomial tables only go up to n=50 and the equation I used gave me a different answer to the specimen paper.
username2871748
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ankie3)
Do you mind me asking what you did for Q2, the binomial tables only go up to n=50 and the equation I used gave me a different answer to the specimen paper.
One way is to put it in the casio fx-991EX calculator. Menu/setup, number 7, second page, Binomial CD, Variable. X=20,N=60, P=0.45
Then you get an answer of 0.0446

I am not sure of the other method. But when i find out i can tell you, sorry.
Ankie3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks Kurro, really apreciated

Good luck with your exam.

Anne
username2871748
Rep:
?
Thank you.
Good Luck to you too if you are sitting it!
But unfortunately, I could not find the second method without a calculator. Sorry about this. I did not get a chance to ask my teacher.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (47)
15.02%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (101)
32.27%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (39)
12.46%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (27)
8.63%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.43%
I think it's an unfair expectation (79)
25.24%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.96%

Watched Threads