Economics essay A2 Watch

username3121028
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What do you guys think of my essay? How many marks can I get? How can I improve my essay?

Question p4 winter 2017: the merit of the economic theory of wage determination is that it clearly shows what the best level of wage rates should be and thus is evidence that there is no need for either the government or trades unions to fix wages. (25marks)

P/s I’ll draw the graph later

Name:  10ACB5F9-7B6B-4132-B388-256D7CE0AFDC.jpg.jpeg
Views: 49
Size:  36.4 KBName:  AD1E6636-BC5B-42F1-BA58-72F0713528D2.jpg.jpeg
Views: 53
Size:  27.4 KBName:  88DDD683-B2F0-40D7-9114-B007DD52BECB.jpg.jpeg
Views: 54
Size:  30.9 KB
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TeeEff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is far too much to write for a 25 mark essay. Unless you're actually typing out your answers for the actual exam, you need to bear in mind that most people will type a lot faster than they can write so I highly recommend doing these essays on paper with a pen.

In terms of the wording, I would personally restructure your essay so that the bits with evaluation are clearly distinct from your analysis. At the moment, you have the two mixed which is going to make it more complicated for a marker to identify that you've fulfilled the guidelines they have for awarding higher marks.

At the moment, I think you've spent too many words on the definitions. The core of your essay should be the analysis because that's what shows your thought process. Most people will know the definitions, it's the thought process that the marker is looking for if you want high marks.

You will not have time to do so many graphs. Plan for one, at most two, as they're mainly there to give a visual indication that you understand the content you're writing.

Hope that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?