theoneseeker
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I will be applying for a tuition fee loan as an EU Student, who has not resided in UK. I have previously done one semester in university in EU, then dropping out.

1.: Am I still eligible for a three year tuition fee loan? (The degree I am applying for now is a Bachelor in Social Sciences, I studied one semester of a Bachelor in Sports Science.) I read some previous posts about people not being able to get tuition fee loans if they had already studied just ONE day at university at equivalent level.

2.: Can I prove my identity with a certified copy of my passport (I will be travelling in the summer, so cannot send passport until August)

3.: If 2. happens and I apply in early August (because I cannot submit my passport earlier), can I still start my course on September 23, if the tuition fee loan has not yet been processed and paid?
Catherine SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by theoneseeker)
Hi,

I will be applying for a tuition fee loan as an EU Student, who has not resided in UK. I have previously done one semester in university in EU, then dropping out.

1.: Am I still eligible for a three year tuition fee loan? (The degree I am applying for now is a Bachelor in Social Sciences, I studied one semester of a Bachelor in Sports Science.) I read some previous posts about people not being able to get tuition fee loans if they had already studied just ONE day at university at equivalent level.

2.: Can I prove my identity with a certified copy of my passport (I will be travelling in the summer, so cannot send passport until August)

3.: If 2. happens and I apply in early August (because I cannot submit my passport earlier), can I still start my course on September 23, if the tuition fee loan has not yet been processed and paid?
Hi

EU students studying in England, who do not have the relevant years residency within the United Kingdom will be eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan only, to apply they must:

• Be an EU National or be Naturalised as an EU National
  • Be a family member of an EU National, a family member is defined as the spouse*, civil partner*, parent, step-parent, adoptive parent, child, step-child, grandparent**
  • Be the spouse* or civil partner* of a UK National
  • Have lived in the EEA or Switzerland for the three years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course (EEA Family Members must have held a valid residency status for any periods of residency in the UK)
  • Be living in the United Kingdom on the first day of the first term of their course
  • Be attending a course which attracts funding

We can also accept certified copy's of ID. If they are sending a certified copy they must send this along with the Certified Checklist. The certified checklist must be dated within the last 90 days in order to be accepted. The Certified Checklist requires to be officially stamped by the certifier. They must also officially stamp the copy of the ID evidence that is being sent. If both documents aren't stamped they won't be accepted as valid ID evidence.

Thanks

Catherine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (142)
42.64%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.71%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.11%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (71)
21.32%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.21%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
6.01%

Watched Threads