haider86
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to study master in mechanical engineering but i want a course start in January . i need help to find a good university with January course starting.
thanks
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As far as I am aware, only PhD training can run outside the normal UK academic year.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by haider86)
I want to study master in mechanical engineering but i want a course start in January . i need help to find a good university with January course starting.
thanks
Very few universities offer January starts for Masters degrees and it's usually an offering from weaker Universities to expand appeal and reduce the competition from more competitive institutions. In other words, you'll be lucky to find that combination.

I believe Buckingham is the only Uni to routinely have January starts, but that maybe undergrad courses only.
Smack
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thanks
Does it have to be "mechanical engineering", or is there something perhaps more specific in that field that you are interested in? As others have said, a January intake is not very common in the UK.
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thanks
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Very few universities offer January starts for Masters degrees and it's usually an offering from weaker Universities to expand appeal and reduce the competition from more competitive institutions. In other words, you'll be lucky to find that combination.

I believe Buckingham is the only Uni to routinely have January starts, but that maybe undergrad courses only.
Cranfield University.
Aberdeen University.
RGU.

Are some examples of universities that have Jan programs.
haider86
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)

thank you for your answer.

I have an offer letter fro Sheffield Hallam University to study MSc in Mechanical Engineering what's your opinion about this uni?
haider86
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smack)
Does it have to be "mechanical engineering", or is there something perhaps more specific in that field that you are interested in? As others have said, a January intake is not very common in the UK.
Thank you for your comment.

yes it's MSc in mechanical engineering as general.

what do you think about Sheffield Hallam University ?
haider86
Rep:
?
(Original post by trapking)
Cranfield University.
Aberdeen University.
RGU.

Are some examples of universities that have Jan programs.
Thank you
I checked these universities and its starting in September
Smack
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I don't know anything about that university, sorry.

Have you looked at the modules on offer, and how they align with what you want to study or do career wise?

Do you want to work in the UK after graduation?
haider86
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smack)
I don't know anything about that university, sorry.

Have you looked at the modules on offer, and how they align with what you want to study or do career wise?

Do you want to work in the UK after graduation?
no I don't want working in UK because I'm already work in ministry of oil in my country .
and yes the course is proper to me.
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hi haider86,

Congrats on your offer for Sheffield Hallam !

See link for information on the MSc Mechanical Engineering course. It is a September start.

Our student ambassadors can give you their opinions on student life in Sheffield SHUGURU hallamstudents

Would you like me to link you up with the MSc Mechanical Engineering course leader for more information on the course?

Thanks,
Bridget
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19