BTEC Business Unit 3 Level 3 Personal Business and Finance (May 25th 2018)

Watch
1990jo123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello I'm currently preparing for the BTEC Business unit 3 Personal business and finance exam. Does anyone know any topics in particular that are most likely going to come up?

In addition to this, does anyone have the January 2018 Paper for BTEC Business Unit 3 Personal business and finance? If so please upload/share. Thank you
Racing2Zoro
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
we are still doing lessons on in.
username3399750
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ratios are going to be a big topic covered in the exam this year, so make sure you know all the profitability, efficiency and liquidity ratio equations for the exam. Also balance sheets and income statments, but more business finance than personal finance.
Unkown101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
  1. Does anyone have the structure for how to answer 2 marks, 6marks, 8 marks, 10 marks and 12 markers?
saniela
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pandamo)
Ratios are going to be a big topic covered in the exam this year, so make sure you know all the profitability, efficiency and liquidity ratio equations for the exam. Also balance sheets and income statments, but more business finance than personal finance.
how are you so sure that these topics will come up?
NatalieSmith122
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi guys!
Im a business teacher, i personally think Break-even, Ratios and SoFP will come up.
=Elizabeth=
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NatalieSmith122)
Hi guys!
Im a business teacher, i personally think Break-even, Ratios and SoFP will come up.
HII thanks for the suggestions! my business teacher also mentioned all of them, so hopefully they will be the ones to come up.
Ellie...,
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All of the topics not covered so far in exams are functions and role of money, ways to pay, pet insurance health insurance life insurance and home and contents insurance, financial institutions, most of borrowing, consumer protection for section A. For section B purpose of accounting, accruals and prepayments, capital expenditure, revenue income, sources of finance, reducing balance method for depreciation, cash flow, usefulness of break even, and ratios 😊
MartinJohnson03
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone have the time for the exam? 1:45Pm right?
1990jo123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ellie...,)
All of the topics not covered so far in exams are functions and role of money, ways to pay, pet insurance health insurance life insurance and home and contents insurance, financial institutions, most of borrowing, consumer protection for section A. For section B purpose of accounting, accruals and prepayments, capital expenditure, revenue income, sources of finance, reducing balance method for depreciation, cash flow, usefulness of break even, and ratios 😊
Sources of finance has already come up. Does this include the topics that hasn't come up in the January 2018 paper?
araiz.shakeel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MartinJohnson03)
Anyone have the time for the exam? 1:45Pm right?
Are you doing in the morning ?
1990jo123
Rep:
?
(Original post by araiz.shakeel)
Are you doing in the morning ?
Is your exam in the morning?
=Elizabeth=
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My exam is at 1pm
=Elizabeth=
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Scratch that apparently my exam starts at 1:30 and finishes at 3:30, like how do they expect me to get home?!?
MartinJohnson03
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wtf were those last 2 questions. ****ed up bad on those.
chlo00
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What was your answer for the old age question??? Confused
=Elizabeth=
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
that old age question I was like umm. I spoke abut how they won't buy as much stuff bc they don't have as many needs as like children, therefore they will save more. I legit made that answer up.
Tuna2001
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I spoke about how in the old days they didn’t have much money and they would save it and they had not been brought up to borrow ? Legit made that up to
Azzy101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the over draft question. I done £3000-£800 which was £2200. Then I put the £800 in with the current liabilities. So therefore the current liability figure was greater. I got £372 for the new net asset firgure I believe. Just wondering if anyone else got the same? Or if that’s right because an overdraft is something that you owe?🤔
Azzy101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Break even point was 970 for a fact
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (144)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (433)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (332)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (409)
13.86%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (136)
4.61%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (178)
6.03%
Loneliness (254)
8.61%
Financial worries (109)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.1%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.58%
Lack of real life entertainment (158)
5.36%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (280)
9.49%

Watched Threads