The Student Room Group

London : university halls or private accommodation?

Hi!

I'm going to study at City, university of London in September. I know London is really expensive, but I don't have a lot of money so I want to choose the cheapest option for accommodation. The cheapest uni room is £156pw (single room with shared kitchen and bathroom), but I've seen some ads about people looking for flatmates and the rooms weren't as expensive as I would have thought (some of them were around £115pw with all bills etc included). I really don't mind sharing a house/flat or a kitchen and bathroom with some people as long as I have my own room and that the people I'm with aren't too noisy.

Could you help me make a choice please? I know that people advise 1st year students to live in halls to make friends etc but I think I'd rather go for the cheapest option. What do you think?
Original post by anaisl
Hi!

I'm going to study at City, university of London in September. I know London is really expensive, but I don't have a lot of money so I want to choose the cheapest option for accommodation. The cheapest uni room is £156pw (single room with shared kitchen and bathroom), but I've seen some ads about people looking for flatmates and the rooms weren't as expensive as I would have thought (some of them were around £115pw with all bills etc included). I really don't mind sharing a house/flat or a kitchen and bathroom with some people as long as I have my own room and that the people I'm with aren't too noisy.

Could you help me make a choice please? I know that people advise 1st year students to live in halls to make friends etc but I think I'd rather go for the cheapest option. What do you think?

You won't only make friends in halls. Most of my friends were from my course. I would go private for cheaper accommodation.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
You won't only make friends in halls. Most of my friends were from my course. I would go private for cheaper accommodation.

Oh okay thanks! I thought it was hard to make friends with people from your course at the beginning of the year because there are so many people haha but if it's not a problem then I think I'll go for private accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending