Grades for chemistry at Edinburgh?? Watch

bean101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Does anyone know what kind of grades at higher level are usually needed for an unconditional offer for chemistry at Edinburgh??
Thanks in advance
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
qno2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You’re typically going to need to be hitting the top boundary of the grade range so AAAA including maths and chemistry.
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by bean101)
Does anyone know what kind of grades at higher level are usually needed for an unconditional offer for chemistry at Edinburgh??
Thanks in advance
I don't believe Edinburgh make unconditional offers for applicants who haven't achieved their qualifications
bean101
Rep:
?
(Original post by qno2)
You’re typically going to need to be hitting the top boundary of the grade range so AAAA including maths and chemistry.
Ah okay. Im predicted AAAAA including maths and chem but just feel like I’m going to get rejected for some reason fingers crossed anyway
Thanks for the info
bean101
Rep:
?
Just to make clear, I haven’t applied. I’m applying this year for 2019 entry after results come through.

Going to be studying AH chemistry, maths and geography and crash higher physics next year
qno2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Just to make clear, I haven’t applied. I’m applying this year for 2019 entry after results come through.

Going to be studying AH chemistry, maths and geography and crash higher physics next year
Geez, That's quite the workload. Anyway, if you get 5A's in 5th year then I feel pretty confident in saying that you'll get unconditionals from everywhere you apply in Scotland (England is a different story). The only subjects where this won't happen is medicine, vet medicine, dentistry and sometimes law unless things have drastically changed in the last few years. You'll be fine for chemistry.
bean101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by qno2)
Geez, That's quite the workload. Anyway, if you get 5A's in 5th year then I feel pretty confident in saying that you'll get unconditionals from everywhere you apply in Scotland (England is a different story). The only subjects where this won't happen is medicine, vet medicine, dentistry and sometimes law unless things have drastically changed in the last few years.
Thank you so much for this reassurance hahaha!!
qno2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thank you so much for this reassurance hahaha!!
Just make sure you get that string of A's (assuming you've got any exams left). It's very difficult to make up a bad 5th year in 6th year for university admissions due to predicted grades in the Scottish system being unreliable at best.
bean101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by qno2)
Just make sure you get that string of A's (assuming you've got any exams left). It's very difficult to make up a bad 5th year in 6th year for university admissions due to predicted grades in the Scottish system being unreliable at best.
Im pretty confident except biology. Edinburgh says typical offers are AAAA so as long as I get that I’ll be happy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads