Is it illegal foor a 16 year old guy to date a 13 year old girl??? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
My friend is dating a guy and he is 16. He is three years older and i dont know if that is wrong. Is it okay for then to kiss or is that illegal in UK??
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My friend is dating a guy and he is 16. He is three years older and i dont know if that is wrong. Is it okay for then to kiss or is that illegal in UK??
What exactly does your friend see in a 13 year old?
Nobody101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
That's nasty.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Lucy-01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
As far as I’m aware, it’s not illegal, however your friend is still a minor so it’s not the best situation.
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Dating is a bit of a grey area, but anything sexual is ilegal. Dating isn't really much different from being friends so it kinda comes down to the individual situation and if it's a natural relationship or if it's being manipulated by the older person.
As far as if it is right goes, it's definitely not ideal but again it kinda depends. There's a pretty decent age gap (in terms of young people at least) and both ages represent different stages in life so not only is one more likely to want to be physical while the other may not be ready, but there's just less in common and more stuff to divide them. It's honestly a bit strange to randomly form a relationship with that kind of age difference. If it's like your older brother's friend who you've known since you were five and grown up together though it's really not so strange cos there's that long standing relationship there.

So yeah it's not totally wrong, but it's not really right either. If you feel like your friend may be being taken advantage of then you could talk to a grown up about it (like a teacher you trust), but if it seems like a genuine relationship I would just sit by and see what happens.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Not illegal but quite an age gap for that age range. It'd be different if they were both a few years older than their current ages
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Not illegal unless they get under the covers.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Not illegal but morally questionable
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
it is illegal. 16 is the age of consent/adult. 13 isn't. Hwever Idk whos enough of a prat to report you. These ages often date, same for 19 with 15. 17 with 14 perhaps too. I've seen it bare times.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It's illegal if you're having sexual relations, yeah. 16 can legally consent to having sex, 13 can't.
Aleiya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Wow! Having sex so early seems to have matured you early aswell!

Sike.
I did mature early actually. My breasts decently sized when I was 13 lol.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Aleiya)
k. and why did you report me for saying you're immature when you clearly are?
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
And excuse me. Why is my post being reviewed for literally saying:
"Looks like you matured early too. Sike." when this child is discussing her mammaries and sex life? I think that's more compelling to be removed. :rolleyes:.
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
As said above, it’s a bit uncertain. Anything sexual, yes, is illegal. Dating? Eh.
Marshmello's Dad
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
k. and why did you report me for saying you're immature when you clearly are?
She or he is just a troll. She just said she lost her virginity at 14 to an 18 year old when in an old thread she said she has never been with a guy so... and the replies she gives are pretty troll-y imo
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Cxm)
She or he is just a troll. She just said she lost her virginity at 14 to an 18 year old when in an old thread she said she has never been with a guy so... and the replies she gives are pretty troll-y imo
and has the nerve to report. just weird. idk which child is more disturbing: aleyia, or the one in your avatar smh. What is happening to the world?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Nobody needs or wants to know that.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Seems fine to me, I dated a 18 year old when i was 14. lost my virginity with him lol you guys just cry about everything chlill the **** out, do you think magically when someone turns 16 theyre able to ****? What if they're 15 and 364 days old, are they not in the right mind state to ****? Then magcically the next day BOOM ready to ****!!!! retards
The question is whether it is legal, not whether it ought to be legal or whether the law is justified or whether people like it.
Marshmello's Dad
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
and has the nerve to report. just weird. idk which child is more disturbing: aleyia, or the one in your avatar smh. What is happening to the world?
:awesome: don't get me started 'IM LIL TAY AND IM ONLY 9 YEARS OLD *****. Aleyia doesn't have it how Lil Tay has it. I pay her momma's rent *****.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
ah. looks like the post was reviewed cos I was quoting her post which has been removed. bahaaha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (17)
14.41%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (8)
6.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (24)
20.34%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (19)
16.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (14)
11.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (36)
30.51%

Watched Threads