Plagiarism Interview outcome help

Watch
Poppypopz1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hey guys, so recently I received an email saying I've been accused of plagiarism of one of my essays. I was invited to a meeting to discuss the offence but I failed to turn up because I've been so busy. I've looked at the accusation and I do completely agree as through my own fault I forgot to reference an entire section. The outcome of this was that I've been graded 0% for that module and have to resit it again. However I was just wondering that as I still have an outstanding essay for that module is there any point in submitting it? Also on my course my lowest module from each of the three years doesn't get counted and as this will evidently be my lowest module does this still mean I need to resit? Any help would be appreciated, its been driving me crazy over the past few days!!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Poppypopz1)
hey guys, so recently I received an email saying I've been accused of plagiarism of one of my essays. I was invited to a meeting to discuss the offence but I failed to turn up because I've been so busy. I've looked at the accusation and I do completely agree as through my own fault I forgot to reference an entire section. The outcome of this was that I've been graded 0% for that module and have to resit it again. However I was just wondering that as I still have an outstanding essay for that module is there any point in submitting it? Also on my course my lowest module from each of the three years doesn't get counted and as this will evidently be my lowest module does this still mean I need to resit? Any help would be appreciated, its been driving me crazy over the past few days!!

A normal person would have rearranged the meeting. I bet that impressed your department by being too busy.

Whether you have to submit the last essay it is up yo you to communicate with the lecturer and ask.

Yes you still need to resit and pass. If you do not then you will not have sufficient credits to graduate.
agrew
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm curious what things might be more important than attending the meeting XD

You should talk with your adviser. If it's a core module you will have to resit it.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Poppypopz1)
you still need to resit it might not be counted but there will be other reasons like your accommodation mark.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.78%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.38%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.35%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.8%

Watched Threads