Level 3 IT Unit 2 Exam - What do you think will be the pass percentage?

Watch
thebest20
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I think it will be:

20/66 for pass.
32/66 for a merit.
42/66 for distinction.

What do you guys think? What have your teachers said?
Sycaphore
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Summer 2017 (when I did it; got 46-odd IIRC) and January 2018 were both:
17 - Pass
27 - Merit
38 - Distinction

So, there might be an increase since we're past the first wave (I can't think of anything else to describe it) of Unit 2 exams. This summer's sounded like it was more difficult (based off what I've heard from teachers and the Year 12s who've done it this week); remember there's the new Near Pass grades as well.
thebest20
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sycaphore)
Summer 2017 (when I did it; got 46-odd IIRC) and January 2018 were both:
17 - Pass
27 - Merit
38 - Distinction

So, there might be an increase since we're past the first wave (I can't think of anything else to describe it) of Unit 2 exams. This summer's sounded like it was more difficult (based off what I've heard from teachers and the Year 12s who've done it this week); remember there's the new Near Pass grades as well.
Do you know what happens if someone gets a near pass grade?
Sycaphore
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thebest20)
Do you know what happens if someone gets a near pass grade?
A near pass grade can be achieved by being a mark or two off a pass, I think. Two of my fellow IT classmates failed the Unit 2 exam last year, and were supposed to resit it (to their dismay) until it was revealed - due to the institution of near pass grades - they were close enough to a pass to qualify for a near pass. It's basically a way to technically fail the exam but still pass the qualification (all mandatory units need to be passed otherwise you fail the whole qualification). Because it wasn't around when I did it, I don't know too much about it (apart from the fact I could get one mark above a near pass in Unit 1 and still get a Distinction in the overall qualification, if I get Distinctions in my other three units!) and it's been up to me to inform my classmates of the news of the near pass grade, not my (marginally incompetent) teachers.
thebest20
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sycaphore)
A near pass grade can be achieved by being a mark or two off a pass, I think. Two of my fellow IT classmates failed the Unit 2 exam last year, and were supposed to resit it (to their dismay) until it was revealed - due to the institution of near pass grades - they were close enough to a pass to qualify for a near pass. It's basically a way to technically fail the exam but still pass the qualification (all mandatory units need to be passed otherwise you fail the whole qualification). Because it wasn't around when I did it, I don't know too much about it (apart from the fact I could get one mark above a near pass in Unit 1 and still get a Distinction in the overall qualification, if I get Distinctions in my other three units!) and it's been up to me to inform my classmates of the news of the near pass grade, not my (marginally incompetent) teachers.
Do you know if you still get the extended diploma if you get a near pass grade?
Sycaphore
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thebest20)
Do you know if you still get the extended diploma if you get a near pass grade?
Sorry for the late reply; didn't see you'd responded. I'm not that sure (I do the extended certificate); I haven't looked that much into it since it's basically impossible for me to get a near pass grade overall (don't mean to sound arrogant!). Running out of battery so I've provided links to some articles on the Pearson website that look worth reading;

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...btec-nationals

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...BTEC-Nationals
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.38%
I don't have everything I need (352)
43.62%

Watched Threads