?Hannah?
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It is an effects question for GCSE, thank you so much in advance!

One effect of the invasion of the Ruhr is that it had a negative impact on Germany's economy. Due to the fact that Germany had declared that they could not afford to pay the war reparations enforced by the Allies, for three years, French and Belgian troops marched into the Ruhr area in 1932. The Ruhr area was Germany's richest industrial area and the French and Belgium troops seized all of its raw materials, including; coal, iron ore and steel. As a result, the German workers put up a 'passive resistance,' where they refused to have anything to do with the French and refused to work. This stopped Germany's production of raw materials in the Ruhr area and resulted in the country losing all of the goods that the region would have usually provided them. Therefore, the invasion of the Ruhr had a negative impact on Germany's economy because they were no longer able to produce the raw materials that generated huge amounts of money for the country, resulting in the government printing huge amounts of money to pay the reparations and resume control of the Ruhr area, in order to resume production and stop the country from struggling economically. However, the government's printing of money caused hyperinflation and in fact led to the country's economy struggling more.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ?Hannah?)
It is an effects question for GCSE, thank you so much in advance!

One effect of the invasion of the Ruhr is that it had a negative impact on Germany's economy. Due to the fact that Germany had declared that they could not afford to pay the war reparations enforced by the Allies, for three years, French and Belgian troops marched into the Ruhr area in 1932. The Ruhr area was Germany's richest industrial area and the French and Belgium troops seized all of its raw materials, including; coal, iron ore and steel. As a result, the German workers put up a 'passive resistance,' where they refused to have anything to do with the French and refused to work. This stopped Germany's production of raw materials in the Ruhr area and resulted in the country losing all of the goods that the region would have usually provided them. Therefore, the invasion of the Ruhr had a negative impact on Germany's economy because they were no longer able to produce the raw materials that generated huge amounts of money for the country, resulting in the government printing huge amounts of money to pay the reparations and resume control of the Ruhr area, in order to resume production and stop the country from struggling economically. However, the government's printing of money caused hyperinflation and in fact led to the country's economy struggling more.
Sorry Hannah it would have helped if you had posted the question.

For GCSE it is good and better than the other one you posted.

Dont be afraid to space out and make points. Makes it easier for the examiner and focuses on the question.
katystudies
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's very good. I reckon you would get a high mark. Are you doing AQA history?

If you are, you need to explain 2 effects of the Ruhr Invasion, but if you aren't don't worry.

If there's anything to improve on, I would suggest shortening the first part and at the end, adding a bit talking about how hyperinflation was a problem for society. E.g. wages could not keep up with inflating prices so people couldn't afford simple things like a loaf of bread.

You could also talk about how the Weimar government didn't have a strong army to defend itself against the French, which showed the government to be weak, resulting in rebellions, as people saw this as an opportunity to seize the government.

Also you mentioned that the government printed money to pay the reparations but the government actually printed the money to pay the striking workers.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.24%
I'm not sure (27)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.66%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.01%
I'm not a current university student (284)
47.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise