The Student Room Group

I wish I was pretty so bad... how can i go from ugly to pretty?

There's literally nothing I wish more
there are times when i look at myself and I just think I look so good and then there are times when I feel soo ugly. When I go out with makeup I do get some attention but my whole life ive been wearing a hijab and from about 12 to 16 I wore a veil and I just never knew if I was pretty or not, i never got attention. sometimes when i post my pictures online I get a lot of attention and other times not so much... and im just so wrried that when I go to uni that I'll never get attention from guys.
I just wanna be pretty so bad...

Scroll to see replies

this world is nothing but an illusion
Are you happy wearing the hijab?
TSRians cannot help you become pretty...
Reply 4
Original post by The Relic
Are you happy wearing the hijab?

no i want to take it off... I just dont feel pretty with it and i get more attention without it...
Isn't the hijab designed to not give you attention from guys?
so you were forced into wearing a veil?
Reply 7
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
TSRians cannot help you become pretty...

but do you have any tips for a girl to look more attractive
Original post by Anonymous
no i want to take it off... I just dont feel pretty with it and i get more attention without it...

So take it off?

Just because you wear the hijab doesn't mean you are ugly. The hijab is designed to conceal most of your "beauty" so its up to you what you wish to do.
Reply 9
so you were forced into wearing a veil?

no i chose it and then i chose to take it off
Original post by The Relic
So take it off?

Just because you wear the hijab doesn't mean you are ugly. The hijab is designed to conceal most of your "beauty" so its up to you what you wish to do.

yeah but even if i get a little more attention... i still dont feel pretty. its always creepy guys who stare at me and sometimes attractive guys but most of the time I still feel ugly even tho i try so hard
There is always going to be someone in the world who thinks you're beautiful, because being pretty might be defined by the way different parts look, but being beautiful is something you just feel. You might look at someone, who doesn't really have any dominant features and find them beautiful, just because they are and because everything about them just fits. So maybe being pretty is not what you want. Maybe what you want, is to find someone who finds you beautiful without needing any help.
Hope this helped xxx
no i chose it and then i chose to take it off

so choose to take the hijab off as well. its supposed to be the womans choice at the end of the day
There's literally nothing I wish more
there are times when i look at myself and I just think I look so good and then there are times when I feel soo ugly. When I go out with makeup I do get some attention but my whole life ive been wearing a hijab and from about 12 to 16 I wore a veil and I just never knew if I was pretty or not, i never got attention. sometimes when i post my pictures online I get a lot of attention and other times not so much... and im just so wrried that when I go to uni that I'll never get attention from guys.
I just wanna be pretty so bad...

If it is truly making you sad then you should take it off. As a hijabi myself, it makes me uncomfortable saying that but tbh you shouldn't wear it unless you are fully comfortable. It's also totally fine if you tried it out and found out it wasn't for you. I feel sad when I hear other hijabis say that they don't like wearing the headscarf, because its not the be all and end all of being a muslim. You can still practise your faith well without it. I believe that its better to act like a muslim that look like one. I hope you start to feel happier about yourself inshallah.
keep the hijab, you can a wear a scarf and still feel pretty. maybe look online for more fashionable modest dressing tips/ideas and scarf styles if that helps. wearing some natural make up may make you feel good.

but you shouldn't compare yourself to other people especially in the looks department. there will always be people that are better looking than us and you can't change the way you look. you need to have confidence in yourself..

you should focus on your course and making new friends in uni and not trying to get random guys attention.
Also compromising your modesty is probably not the best idea.
Dear sister....you are not living just for sake of getting attention !!!!

About the hijab please don't Lose your life and life after death just for wanting to have an attention.

However if you have questions in regards of life or what is the reality.... This book might help you as it help me as an former Agnostic. Free download PDF

link:https://files.fm/u/eqfyhqkh
Trust me when I tell you this...... when you know the reality and live with it....you won't need anything to cheer you up.... you'll be the happiest person on the planet.

Please think about it...

Take care
(edited 5 years ago)
If you want attention there are other ways of getting it - just keep an open mind
wear makeup that enhances ur best features and get a hairstyle that suits ur face shape. clothes that suit ur body shape etc
meh for women its easy, all you have to do is make the most of yourself

no matter how you look - wear make up, dress well, do your hair nicely... thats usually enough for most men to find you attractive

we're not fussy. we had proper butterz girls at my school who we found attractive. its all about presentation and confidence and very little to do with your actual looks
Original post by Burak yilmaz
Dear sister....you are not living just for sake of getting attention !!!!

About the hijab please don't Lose your life and life after death just for wanting to have an attention.

However if you have questions in regards of life or what is the reality.... This book might help you as it help me as an former Agnostic. Free download PDF

link:https://files.fm/u/eqfyhqkh
Trust me when I tell you this...... when you know the reality and live with it....you won't need anything to cheer you up.... you'll be the happiest person on the planet.

Please think about it...

Take care

*This post isn't about Islam so don't talk about it*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending