leo1999rome
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everybody, I was checking the accomodations and I have to say they all seem fine, is there one which you would absolutely not choose?
And woud you suggest me to choose one on or off campus?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
leo1999rome
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
Thaaaankssss
KMLeeson
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends what you are looking for in accommodation, I currently live in halls (Lewes Court) and would never go for park village but that’s because it comes across a bit noisier. I know a few people who have also had issues with mold and stuff in park village too but other than that, all accommodation seems okay. I would recommend living on campus though, definitely!
leo1999rome
Rep:
?
Really thank you, you’ve been useful!!!!😃
(Original post by KMLeeson)
It depends what you are looking for in accommodation, I currently live in halls (Lewes Court) and would never go for park village but that’s because it comes across a bit noisier. I know a few people who have also had issues with mold and stuff in park village too but other than that, all accommodation seems okay. I would recommend living on campus though, definitely!
strontium-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm also looking at their accommodation and I really want an en-suite one. Do you know which of their en-suite accommodations are really good. I like Northfield but I want to hear peoples thoughts about it as well.
KMLeeson
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by strontium-)
I'm also looking at their accommodation and I really want an en-suite one. Do you know which of their en-suite accommodations are really good. I like Northfield but I want to hear peoples thoughts about it as well.
I currently live in en-suite. I used to live in Northfield and now live in Lewes Court Phase 2. Northfield is nice, really modern but I’d say the rooms are quite cramped. Lewes Court rooms are the biggest on campus and though they are a bit worn, I much prefer Lewes Court to Northfield as it’s closer to lectures and just has a more ‘homely’ feel to it. Though I would say there’s a little more sound proofing in Northfield. I have a friend in Stanmer Court who likes it there, it’s a walk to other accommodation but it’s close to the train station which is useful. Pretty soundproof there too between rooms but you can hear the train/road from the rooms. I personally wouldn’t go for Swanbrough, everyone can see in and it’s quite small there but very central on campus. The new Student Village seems really nice, I’ve been in the show flat (I’m a student ambassador) and it’s seems nice but it’s new for this summer so I don’t know what it’s going to actually be like. Have you had a look round what’s on offer?
strontium-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I currently live in en-suite. I used to live in Northfield and now live in Lewes Court Phase 2. Northfield is nice, really modern but I’d say the rooms are quite cramped. Lewes Court rooms are the biggest on campus and though they are a bit worn, I much prefer Lewes Court to Northfield as it’s closer to lectures and just has a more ‘homely’ feel to it. Though I would say there’s a little more sound proofing in Northfield. I have a friend in Stanmer Court who likes it there, it’s a walk to other accommodation but it’s close to the train station which is useful. Pretty soundproof there too between rooms but you can hear the train/road from the rooms. I personally wouldn’t go for Swanbrough, everyone can see in and it’s quite small there but very central on campus. The new Student Village seems really nice, I’ve been in the show flat (I’m a student ambassador) and it’s seems nice but it’s new for this summer so I don’t know what it’s going to actually be like. Have you had a look round what’s on offer?
I can't sadly because I'm an international student, I've been looking through their website and youtube videos to get an idea of their housing. Is there an in-between one then, like an accommodation that's well balanced in terms of it's social scene, room size, distance from other flats and campus, noise around it. Also just asking what the weather is like in Sussex, it's quite down south.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.52%
Pop (214)
24.8%
Jazz (33)
3.82%
Classical (48)
5.56%
Hip-Hop (166)
19.24%