The Student Room Group

A biju

I completed my education up to A levels in India, I have indefinite leave to remain in the uk since 2008. I have always spend my school holidays with my parents in the uk. Last year, I had applied for undergraduate course and the university accepted me as a home student. I applied for student loan in order to support my education. Student Finance England had approved my application and they had provided the said funds till April 2018. Towards the end of March I received a letter from the counter fraud department stating that my student loans were blocked until further notice. They also asked me to send my travel details with adequate reasoning, mine as well as my parents' bank statements for the past 5 years. Today when I rang them, they told me that they understood that I went abroad for education purpose but they want to make sure that whether the current regulations in the uk can prevent them from giving me student loan due to my absence for education purpose. Can anyone advice me in this matter?My university has no problem.
Original post by A biju
I completed my education up to A levels in India, I have indefinite leave to remain in the uk since 2008. I have always spend my school holidays with my parents in the uk. Last year, I had applied for undergraduate course and the university accepted me as a home student. I applied for student loan in order to support my education. Student Finance England had approved my application and they had provided the said funds till April 2018. Towards the end of March I received a letter from the counter fraud department stating that my student loans were blocked until further notice. They also asked me to send my travel details with adequate reasoning, mine as well as my parents' bank statements for the past 5 years. Today when I rang them, they told me that they understood that I went abroad for education purpose but they want to make sure that whether the current regulations in the uk can prevent them from giving me student loan due to my absence for education purpose. Can anyone advice me in this matter?My university has no problem.

Hi A biju,

It is quite normal that we ask all students for evidence of any temporary breaks in residency.

You can be confident that once you provide the information and your residency is established confirming a temporary break, your loan can be unblocked.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending