Steps to becoming a neonatologist

Watch this thread
jamescxx
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently in year 10 and am wondering about the steps of becoming a neonatal doctor, I understand after university you do your F1 and F2 training but what happens after? Can you pick neonatology as a speciality or is it just paediatrics as a whole? If so, does that mean you focus on children rather than neonates or focus on them both equally. Sorry about the essay, just confused on what happens after foundation year.
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jamescxx)
I'm currently in year 10 and am wondering about the steps of becoming a neonatal doctor, I understand after university you do your F1 and F2 training but what happens after? Can you pick neonatology as a speciality or is it just paediatrics as a whole? If so, does that mean you focus on children rather than neonates or focus on them both equally. Sorry about the essay, just confused on what happens after foundation year.
It's a sub-specialty in paediatrics - I believe you apply for places in ~ST4. Which is around 7 years after graduating from medical school

But for now, focus on GCSEs, that event is years away
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
That is a loooong way away. Get into med school first. You might not even like stabbing babies all day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
34.07%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (42)
46.15%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (17)
18.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.1%

Watched Threads