Can I study Veterinary Medicine at Uni with Level 3 Applied Science?

Watch
keejw29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So yesterday I went to a college interview and my chosen subjects were Chemistry and Biology as I thought those were the required subjects you need to study Veterinary Medicine at Uni. But they turned me down because I only have a BTEC in Science and not GCSEs, they recommended that I do Level 3 Applied Science instead and I was just wondering would that get me into a Veterinary Medicine course in Uni?
Camerooni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As far as I'm aware, no. The universities that accept BTECs require Animal Management.

Although, the University of Nottingham doesn't have specific BTEC subject requirements and says that the subject taken is reviewed on an individual basis. The best thing to do would be to email them and see.

Some universities also accept degrees so you could think about studying a degree first in a related discipline and applying that way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.26%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.26%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
44.44%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
24.07%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
1.85%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.56%

Watched Threads