Supplements is Military Drug Testing

Watch
Stroudio14
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all.
I have a question in regards to the CDT tests that take place within the British military.

I am currently in the RAF, and have recently bought a supplement called ‘GFuel’.
This is not a protein supplement at all, this is simply a powdered flavoured caffeine drink. I recently bought the ‘Fazeberry’ flavour of that makes any difference.

Take a look at ‘GFuel’, as I was wondering if the ingredients in it are acceptable for a military CDT test, as I find GFuel to be very good to drink before working out as it provides energy!

The ingredients are as follows:
Taurine, L-Citrulline Malate, Caffeine, Glucuronolactone, N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl, L-Tyrosine, Choline Bitartrate, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Adenosine-5 Triphosphate Disodium Salt (ATP), Citric acid, malic acid, anti-caking agent (silicon dioxide), sweetener (acesulfame potassium), sucralose, colour (E133), colour (E129), Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), vitamin E (D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate), niacin, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl), vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) and salt(sodium chloride).

This was copied directly from the label and was wondering if any of those ingredients will not be good for a military CDT test for the Royal Air Force.

Thank you so much,

Ben
vidda
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Stroudio14)
This was copied directly from the label and was wondering if any of those ingredients will not be good for a military CDT test for the Royal Air Force.
Hi Ben,

First of all; thank you for choosing to serve in the Armed Forces and protect us.

Secondly, GFuel contains nothing that would be tested in a CDT. I

Typically they test for illegal drugs ( cocaine, heroin, amphetamine etc.) and performance enhancing drugs (Anabolic steroids, cutting agents etc.)

http://www.sebjamesnutrition.co.uk/b...t-information/

Look at this page and scroll down to false positives to get a better idea of what to avoid, to be safe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (727)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (920)
42.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (407)
18.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (94)
4.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed