The Student Room Group

Help me love handles

I wouldn’t say I’m massive, I’m a 12 but my legs are quite skinny and my waist is average. But all my fat goes onto my hips giving me a very irregular body shape. After my hips it goes in a bit and then out again for my legs
I know you can’t spot reduce, but is there anything I can do to cut down / lessen my love handles apart from general excercise
And are there general foods I should avoid
Eat less fatty foods
Exercise more - jogging or join a gym
What are love handles?
Reply 4
Original post by The Relic
What are love handles?

Extra fat on the sides of your waist/hip. You can hold onto them when making love, hence the name. Yeah...
Reply 5
Original post by The Relic
What are love handles?

Extra fat on the sides of your stomach, OP means hip dips which is when your hips dip in just above your thighs. All natural ways the body stores fat but people tend to want a smooth hourglass figure.
Reply 6
The key is different exercises. You'll burn a lot more calories if you keep your body guessing. Walking uphill (incline on a treadmill) for instance rather than running can burn around 600 calories an hour. Running, bike, rowing, anything cardio is great for fat burn.

Weights and toning are also great because even when you've finished your body will continue to burn calories.

If you're a member of a gym I'd pay £25-30 for a one-off plan from a PT. Be honest with them about what you want to achieve and then follow the plan 3-4 times a week. They'll show you what you should be doing and build your confidence in using the equipment.

Unfortunately you can't spot burn as you say but you can target overall fat and you'll notice significant reduction after a few weeks in areas where you carry any weight.

As somebody else said, lessen your calorie intake. It's more about the amount of calories you eat than what you eat. My Fitness Plan is a free app that you can download to your phone and you can scan foods to see their calorie content and keep a diary of what you're eating. It's a great way to make changes.

Good luck!
Reply 7

Yes exactly this!!!! I’ve been looking for the name for it for ages, it’s very annoying esp because I can’t wear certain types of clothing bc of it
Original post by UWS
Extra fat on the sides of your waist/hip. You can hold onto them when making love, hence the name. Yeah...

You mean when the woman is on top?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending